Morning Routines

The morning, on the other hand, is almost always a disaster. I'm always rushing the boys to move, move, move, go, go, go. They hate it and I hate it. I think the solution to our morning woes is for me to wake up earlier. I'm not exactly the easiest person to arise in the morning. My alarm goes off at 6:00 and I should really be out of bed by 6:10 but it's usually closer to 6:20. I'm always punctual and usually among the first to arrive at work, so it's not like I'm a big slacker or anything, I just prefer those 10 minutes, or 20, much more than I should. Anyway, we'll work on it. So here is how our mornings go:
Sesame Street (while I shower)

Getting dressed (we had two melt downs this morning, one from each boy). I think this is their least favorite part. Any ideas on how to make getting dressed fun?
Brushing teeth.
Combing hair.
Ryan does NOT comb his own hair, but it's kind of hard to take a picture of yourself combing someone else's hair. His hair is so thick and curly that we have to fight with it a little each morning. Luckily, I was cursed with the same hair so I know a little bit about what it means to make it tame.
Putting on shoes.
Then coats.

Then we get in the car, say our prayers, and go! Off to the races.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival