Monsoon Season

The rainy season has started here.  I guess in the tropics you call that monsoon season.  No one really seems to refer to it as that but I do.. anyway.  It's pretty crazy how the sky will be clear and then in about 20 minutes or less, all of the sudden you're in the middle of a downpour.  Colin and I text each other a lot during the day because he's gone for so long at work.  I'll often get a text from him that says, "cats and dogs down here" and I'll send him something similar.  It is funny but it always seems to rain around the same time of day.  I guess that's nice, a little predictable.  The rain usually comes to our neck of the woods right after school.  Sometime between 3:00-5:00 pm.  The other day I went to pick up Evan from school and I could tell it was getting ready to rain any minute.  It was litterally seconds after I walked into the house that it started a downpour.  We have this field behind our house.  One one day in particular, that thing was flooding.  It was so crazy!  Just a few minutes before everything was dry.  Then all of the sudden there is water and mud coming off of it and running into the streets.  
The video I posted isn't really great but it kind of gives you an idea of what it's like inside of our house when it is raining, thundering, and lightening outside.  Did you know that Singapore has one of the highest rates of lightning in the world?!?  Sometimes it will wake you up at night.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!