Arches Day 2: Delicate Arch

Our second day at Arches National Park was our full day of hiking.  We did several hikes and saw a lot of beautiful Arches and other geological structures.  It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back.  This was our first trip where the boys took their own photos.  All four of us had a phone to take photos on and I had my DSLR.  We also took a full SD card of video on the GoPro.  You'll notice the boys wearing the GoPro in a lot of photos.  I haven't even uploaded those videos yet.  With 5 cameras, I've had a lot of media to go through.  Trust me, I've edited this down to the good stuff.  Regardless, it's a lot of photos and they're all out of order.  I did my best to make this post consumable. 

Delicate Arch was a difficult hike but man, oh man, was it worth it!  We loved the view from the top and delicate arch is truly a sight to behold.  I'm glad we went early because it was quite crowded by the time we were finished with the hike.  That sentiment repeated itself at Zion's too.  Anyway... here they are!  







This was probably the hardest part of the hike.  I've never been to terrain like this before.  It was interesting to hike on slick rock like that.  It wasn't particularly difficult except that it was very steep.  My calves were killing me half way up this rock-face.  





















 
Here we are standing under Delicate Arch.  Everyone was so kind to help each other take photos- especially of groups.  People were very friendly for our whole trip.










The boys loved all of the "dead" trees in Southern Utah.  They kept posing and asking us to take photos near them.  Funny kids.  


Petroglyphs.  









Before you come around the corner to see Delicate Arch you can climb up and stand underneath this arch and see it from afar.  This was the boys seeing Delicate Arch for the first time.  I'm so glad I was able to capture this moment.  Look at the expression on their faces!  








Evan LOVED Arches for all of the climbing. Every time I turned my back he was climbing up some rock.  He was begging me to buy him some boots with spikes on them so that he can be a better climber.  I think this kid is going to give me a heart attack. Colin says I'm going to give HIM a heart attack by the way I react!  Ha ha ha.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival