Ryan's Patriotic Program

All of the 5th Graders at Sprucewood Elementary perform a Patriotic Program every year.  This program is unique because they tell the story of America by using the true stories of their own ancestors.  Ryan had the oldest ancestor part telling the story of his 11th great grandfather, John Alden.  He said, "I left England at the age of 21.  I worked as a cooper on the first voyage of the Mayflower, I served as Deputy Governor and Colony treasurer in Plymouth.  I was the last living signer of the Mayflower Compact when I died at the age of 89."  



Ryan dancing the Texas Star

Ryan acting as a poor man during the Depression





5th Grade class of 2016


Ryan and his buddies after the program. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival