Funnies

I haven't posted in what feels like forever to me. We've been our usual crazy busy, and this weekend we welcomed my first niece into the world, four weeks early. I'll post more about baby when I can get some pictures, but Emry and Jess are doing pretty well. Jess may get to come home tomorrow and I think Emry won't be too much farther behind her.

I have a million things on my mind to post about, but I'll just post a few funny things that Ryan has said lately. He's always been very talkative and sometimes the things he says are just absolutely hilarious, at least to me. Anyway, here are the most recent exchanges.

Ryan: Mommy, how old are you?
Me: 28
Ryan: No, Mommy, like how many are you?
Me: 28
Ryan: no, like are you 3 or 4 or how old are you?
Me: 28
Ryan: Mommy, not your phone number, how old are you?
Me: laughing hysterically...

Ryan (climbing into bed with me before bed time): I like it in here, its nice, its cozy, its worm (he says warm that way, more like an o than an a, more with the "Utah" accent)

Yesterday I was getting ready to take my kids to Grandpa so that I could go see Jess in the hospital. While I was getting E ready to go, I kept telling Ry to get his shoes. He would not get them. Finally, we were running late and I asked him to sit on the step so that I could put his shoes on. So I get his shoes tied, buckle the kids in and get behind the wheel. As I'm backing out Ryan was complaining that his shoes were hurting. A little while down the road, he decides to take his shoe off.
Then he says, "Oh, there's the pro-b-lem"
"There's a mag-a-n-ent in my shoe." "It's an L and a 6" So it must have been those nice refrigerator magnets that my sister gave Ry. I'm sorta laughing a little "Evan, did you put a mag-a-nent in my shoe? "

Jess said some pretty funny stuff while she was in labor too. I wish I could remember them all because she must have either been really drugged or really tired (probably both) but one that I do remember was she said, "You never know what you're going to get when you get pregnant. It's like rolling the dice, sometimes you get a bad egg and sometimes you get a good egg." I still haven't figured out what she meant by that....

Comments

Laura said…
Oh my, Ryan cracks me up! I think he and Addie would be good friends. :)
Tonya said…
Ryan is funny he is a little grown up in a kids body. He can always catch me off guard.
Unknown said…
I love the age/phone number comment! It made me lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Can it be Spring?

Two Dreams

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ryan!