my niece Emry
Emry is one week old today. I've really only seen her twice. Once when she was very-first born, and once for a couple of seconds while Jess was holding her AT HOME yesterday.
Emry was delivered four weeks early and Jess did an amazing job! I was unexpectedly asked to help Jess in the last hour of labor so I got to see her being born. It was truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Given that Jess had been in labor for about 21 hours already, she was so strong. Emry weighed only 5 pounds 3 ounces and was 18 inches long. They named her Emry Mae Rikli, and I just LOVE the name. I think it fits her perfectly. The pediatrician commented that she was a good sized 36 week old. Emry had to stay in the hospital for the week until she was able to eat, breathe, and maintain her temperature all on her own. I know it has been hard on Jess and Cole to not have their baby with them, but she's home now and I know she'll grow fast and be strong.
Anyway, here is a picture of the beautiful little baby girl. Welcome to the world Emry!
Emry was delivered four weeks early and Jess did an amazing job! I was unexpectedly asked to help Jess in the last hour of labor so I got to see her being born. It was truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Given that Jess had been in labor for about 21 hours already, she was so strong. Emry weighed only 5 pounds 3 ounces and was 18 inches long. They named her Emry Mae Rikli, and I just LOVE the name. I think it fits her perfectly. The pediatrician commented that she was a good sized 36 week old. Emry had to stay in the hospital for the week until she was able to eat, breathe, and maintain her temperature all on her own. I know it has been hard on Jess and Cole to not have their baby with them, but she's home now and I know she'll grow fast and be strong.
Anyway, here is a picture of the beautiful little baby girl. Welcome to the world Emry!
Comments