The things they say (and do) funny tidbits about my boys

Don't kids say the darnedest things? My children certainly do.  Sometimes I remember to write them down.  Here are a few from the past few months.  I will do a link on the side bar of my blog.  Check back every so-often, I will update it with more recent and funny little things they say.  Both boys will be on the same post this year, it's just easier that way!  

"Sometimes I get distracted by girl stuff" -Ryan about Valentines

"There was a tadpole and a giant squid." -Evan about his poop

"Cuz baby tonight, DJ dance comin in now again" -Ryan trying to sing the lyrics.  He often comes up with interesting lyrics.  

Bahtwords- Evan's cross of the words "toward" & "between"

Sillarious- Ryan's cross of the words "silly" and "hilarious"

Evan asked Ryan, "How many do you need?...2,3,4,6?"

"Giant robot"-Evan always says this randomly. 

"Praskis"= practice -Evan

"Indonesian"- Ryan after watching Little Einsteins

"Murdacycle"- motorcycle -Evan

"The thing is..." Evan

"I've been thinking what it would be like if I had a sister, when she grows up she'd want me to play dollies with her but I'd be too busy playing xbox" -guess who?

"Mom, I'm not agreeing with watching this, I'm changing the channel." -Evan while mom was watching the news. 

Evan first time wearing a sleeveless shirt- "Mom, do you know what happened to my sleeves?" "Someone bit them off." 

Evan- "When I grow up I'm going to be a panda."

Evan asked Ryan, "What kind of animal..."
Ryan tells Evan, "When you ask a question like that it's not a knock knock joke, it's called a riddle."

At breakfast Ryan asked me, "Mom, why is school so important?"
 
Later that same day in the bathtub he randomly asked me, "Mom how did the doctor cut open your tummy to take out the baby?" 
 
I gave a good 5 year old explanation.
 
"Does he always do it that way?"
"No, Ryan he doesn't."  End of discussion. Thank goodness!

Something funny about my boys is that Evan plays with imaginary friends when Ryan isn't around and Ryan plays with imaginary toys.  One day Ryan played with an invisible DS the entire way through the grocery store.  Hey, it's cheaper that way, right?
 

Ryan has been constantly quizzing me on addition for a few months. He's obviously learning it at school and I like to quiz him back. 
 

Ryan- "What comes after a google?"
 

Ryan- "Mom, want to hear me count by 100's?"
 
Mom- "sure Ry"
Ryan- "100, 101, 102, 103..."

The Kindergarten aide came up to me one day and told me that while she was giving him his math benchmark assessment
 Ryan would say,"pah leeze that's so easy" after every single question. 

Evan has been learning his ABC's and because he's always with me in the mornings when I am volunteering at the school, he can almost say the pledge of allegiance too. 
 

Evan- "whole ride reald": whole wide world

Evan commonly mixes up his meals.  He calls breakfast lunch and dinner breakfast.  The funny thing is that if I ask him what he wants to eat, he'll ask for hot dogs in the morning and waffles for lunch. 
 

Served the boys root beer floats after lunch. Ryan asks, "Mom did you follow a recipe?"
 

"Including to my map we are at lost vegas"- Ryan
 

After seeing my newly painted toes, "mom, you amaze me."-Ryan
 

"Energeet": energy- Evan

"Mom do you know why I was yelling?"
 
"To make the other planets vibrate." - Ryan

Evan after riding bikes, "I need to train harder".
 

I was stretching this morning and Ryan says, "Mom, you should stretch a lot so you get all sweaty like Biggest Loser"

Evan will say, "I love you too, Mom." even when I haven't said it to him first.  I just say back to him, "I love you too, Evan."

Evan asked me for some cheerios.  I gave him the cheerios and he said, "no, Mom, I want the colored in cheerios"  He was referring to Fruit Loops.  

I told the boys that Tonya's car was broken down.  Evan asked me, "Does she have to walk everywhere she goes?"  

Evan knows the difference between genders as "grill and kid".  He still struggles with saying girl and refers to boys as kids. 

One night when Colin came home Evan said, "Dad, I have to show you something, you're going to be impressed by this."

Ryan walked into Stuart and Brooke's hotel room while we were staying at Great Wolf Lodge.  He said to Stuart, "Do you want me to tell you what my mom is doing?...I can tell you what she's not doing... Downloading Plants VS. Zombies, BECAUSE SHE ALREADY DID!"

"That's awkward"- Evan
Every day Evan asks me, "Is it tomorrow?"

Ryan told me today that when he grows up he's going to be too busy working to listen to stories. 
Evan was helping straighten up the family room and he found a fruit snack on the floor.  He picked it up, popped it in his mouth and said, "I need this for my health."  As if he were a character in a video game collecting coins or something.  

"Mom, is colly wolly home?" -Evan

"organic"- Ryan

"The purple sucker is maybe eggplant flavored." Ryan


"Mom, I'm not saying you're the better parent but you're the best mom I know." Ryan

"We listened to the President at school today. He told me that when mom and dad say to turn off tv it's time to do homework. He also told me to always do my best at school." Ryan 

Evan went into the bathroom and came out without flushing.  Amy asked him to go back and flush and he told her, "Actually I don't flush." 
Recently Evan has had an imaginary friend named Cedar.  Each night at dinner he gives us the most recent adventures of Cedar.  He tells us what he's done at his house, what his mother is like, where he uses the bathroom, what he eats for lunch, etc.  It's hilarious.  Some days Cedar is a "green battle droid" and other days he's just a "kid".  

My boys both refuse to eat white bread because it "isn't healthy".  

Everything Evan eats he needs to know if it "will make him strong".  

"Baxin"- Evan (I have no idea what on earth this word means but he says it all the time).  

Evan made up a game the second day he went to his new baby sitter's house.  "It's called Mario the Meeto.  You are upposed to follow me and you can only be bad guys on it.  No nice guys allowed.  And that is all the rules."

Occasionally Evan will take off his shoes in the car. One time I asked him why he did that, he told me, "Mom, I set my piggies free".  

Evan likes to use the word "ish".  He'll say "warmish hotish" and things like that all the time.  

Comments

Megan Rose said…
Ha!

So, Megan...
deany said…
Oh my goodness this is too much. The Colly Wolly thing really did me in haha, I am dying right now.

Popular posts from this blog

UMEA State Band Festival

Two Dreams

Spode Dish Factory