Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

The nurses from Alta View called me yesterday to let me know that my c-section was scheduled for 7:30am, and that we needed to be at the hospital by 6:00am. So much for sleeping in! Grandma and Grandpa took Ryan last night so that we wouldn't have to drop him off before the crack of dawn.
We arrived at the hospital this morning at 6:00 as directed and got all admitted. At about 7:00 they let us know that we were being bumped because of an emergency c-section that they needed to do ahead of us. At around 8:00 they took us back to the operating room. The anesthesiologist came in and did his thing. Colin was great to help me through the whole surgery process.
Our baby boy was born at 8:26 am. He weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces and was 21 inches long. He has dark hair but not tons of it and it's probably curly, I would guess.

His name is Evan Miles Dean.

We are both doing well and there will be more pictures to come!
me- last day of pregnancy
Jen waiting to go into surgery
Colin waiting to go into operating room with Jen.
Baby Evan's first photo- delivery room

Mommy & Evan in recovery room- first time I held him
Ryan meets Evan for the first time.

Comments

Becky J. said…
Congratulations! Welcome to the world, little Evan! You're one lucky kid and will be so loved! Glad to hear you're here safely.
Jenn said…
CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable. We're so glad that you are both doing well.
Unknown said…
Yay! Congrats! What a cutie...I'm sure you're glad the pregnancy is over. Good luck with the recovery!
The Sohm's said…
Congrats!! He is adorable. I'm so ready for my day. It seems like it is still forever and a day away. I guess 10 more weeks to be exact.
Bonnie Martin said…
Hey Jen, Thanks for updating us so quickly! We are very happy for your new little arrival. We hope to be able to see him next week. We are coming up for a short visit for spring break. love ya lots!
us said…
You look great and he is adorable. Congratulations!!! I will be up there with my family next week...I can't wait to see him!
Congrats!!! He is beautiful!!
joyous said…
Congrats!! Great work at keeping him under 9lbs. That's a credit to you!! And yeah that your insulin intake goes WAY down too, that is a great part of delivery. Can't wait to see more pics.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Evan's 10th Birthday!