Christmas Eve'ning

We spent Christmas Eve evening together with just the four of us. We ate a nice dinner (on new Christmas dishes that I got last year), read the Christmas story out of the scriptures, opened a gift, drove around and looked at the lights, and tucked the boys in to bed. It was a lot on the agenda but it was everything I was hoping to do, and I am glad we were able to fit it all in.
The new dishware. We ate ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. I thought I'd taken a picture of the food, but I guess not.
My grandma Veva gave me two full sets of these, 5 pieces per setting, 8 settings. Colin says we'll have to have 4 more kids. :)
After bath time and scriptures, we let the boys each open a gift.
I think we had to help Evan with his.
Colin thinks I'm boring, but it was matching pajamas. He did think they were super cute though.
So cheesy!
So goofy!

Then we took them out to look at lights. We drove up near the Draper temple. Lots of those big, I mean huge, homes are in foreclosure but we did get to see some cool displays.
Ryan fell asleep on the way home.
Evan went to bed with Ryan.
However, he did not sleep the whole night through. In fact, he spent most of the night awake. At around midnight he jumped into bed with us. I got fed up with him being in there about an hour later and Colin took him back to bed. With several trips to the bed and back, he stayed wide awake until about 4:30am! I could not believe it. Colin and I barely got any sleep at all! It was insane. We have since recovered.

Comments

Lex-a-roo said…
What fun Christmas must be with children! Such cute P.J.'s too.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival