Evan-isms

Evan has been doing some of the cutest little things lately. He is learning how to speak in longer sentences. He's putting together the cutest phrases.

During Christmas time he was saying, "Santa Clause is coming to town". It sounded a lot like "San-a coming now".

He also learned to say "Shake your booty". Sounds a lot like "shaka bootee".

He is becoming a real couch potato with all of the cold weather and yucky air. He'd watch movies all day long if I let him. He's constantly asking for "Dragon Movie On". The kids got this movie that came with Ryan's castle, some Imaginext thing with a dragon, we've seen it about a hundred times. Or, "Watcha Beast" (Beauty and the Beast).

Tonya says he's always the first one to say "thank you" and that it's then very contagious.

He'll tell everyone to dance, "buddy dance".

Today in the car we were stopped at a red light and he said, everybody go! "Buddy Go!"

Two words he says really funny are pepperoni and ketchup. I'll do my best on the pronunciation. Pepperoni is kind of like, "puppy-ony". And ketchup is like "ket-rup" or something.

He's had a love-affair with his jacket lately. He wants to wear it as soon as he wakes up in the morning. He has hated his pants and shoes lately too. Remember the one-shoe phase? So lately it's just the coat. He'll tolerate a shirt as long as I put that coat on him right away but he wants to wear his coat all day long. He'd wear it 24/7 if I'd let him, but he is still willing to take it off for bath time.

He fights me every single morning on the pants. I make him wear those though.

Shoes, well, we're lucky if we can keep them on his feet. He's usually the only kid in nursery that doesn't wear them and I've given up putting them on him in the morning until we're at our destination because they'll come off as soon as I get them on his feet. So I just leave them in the car and put them on when we arrive at wherever we're going.

He’s been mildly interested in using the toilet. I know he sees the rest of us using it all of the time, and he especially notices that his big brother does. He has taken off his diaper on a number of occasions. He doesn’t ever like to wear his pants, as I mentioned before. Every time he does use the toilet, he puts the lid up and straddles the seat sitting backward. Then he does a little tiny trickle and says, “good job”. I did pull out the “potty gum” today and he earned two pieces. I’m not putting away the diapers for now and I’m not expecting too much, but I’m excited to think that pretty soon we won’t have to buy those darn things any more.

Whenever Evan is trying to get my attention he does the funnies thing. He’ll repeat himself several times which I think is pretty normal, but when he can tell I’m really not paying attention he gets closer and closer to my face. I really need to have Colin take a picture of him doing this because it is just absolutely hilarious!

Evan loves lotion and chap stick. He tries to steal my chap stick all of the time. He says it sort of like “chick”. He pulls the lid off then rubs it all over his mouth and chin. He likes to rub the hand sanitizer and lotion into his tiny palms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival