Ryan's Latest

Ryan has sure been into EVERYTHING lately! He spends most of the day running around the house seeing what he can get himself into.

He loves to cook and when he says the word (cook) it sounds more like “gook”, but he’s getting really good at talking lately too. He knows that cooking is “hot” but he still likes to help anyway. He loves to get out all of my pots and pans and use a wooden spoon to stir things around. He also likes to sit up on the counter and play with a toy while I prepare dinner or other meals.

He also likes to pull things out. He’ll pull all of the books off of the shelves, the trash out of the trash can, the toys out of the toy bin, and the pans out of the cupboard.















I think he is going through a clingy stage right now because he really likes to be held a lot, most of the time he prefers to be carried around and just held. My back is really starting to hurt too. I think he weighs between 25 and 30 pounds so it’s a lot of weight to be carrying around. But, I do love his little cuddles and hugs. He’s also learning to give kisses and that is really cute. When he gets tired he gives kisses and says “bye, bye’. He also knows to give kisses when he is leaving grandma and grandpa’s house.

I’ve been trying to teach Ryan to sign a little bit. He knows two signs very well, they are milk and eat. He’s so cute that he knows the words that go with them too, so he’ll sign and speak at the same time. Can’t resist giving him a cookie or cracker when he walks around saying “eat, eat”.

So, these are the words he knows as of today, some are better than others, but here’s the list.

Ba Ba – bottle

Bye Bye

Book

Bird

Ball

Duck

Bath

Eat

Milk

Ma Ma- this one means Momma and it also means, “I want that”

Mom

DaDa- and you’d just have to hear how cute it is when he says this!

Hot

No

Don’t

Cook

Cookie

Hi

Hello

Grandma

Grandpa

Bath

Diaper

Shoes

Uh-oh- two meanings: oops something fell, and I just did something I wasn’t supposed to do

That’s all I can think of right now but I know there are some more.

Ryan has also really been into shoes lately. He’ll go into our closet and pull out all of the shoes. He also tries to put them on and walk around. He gets really frustrated when he realizes that they don’t stay on like he wants them to. He’s been successful with some of my dress shoes though because he’ll put most of his foot in the front half of the shoe and then scoot around with them on. Too cute!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Can he be any cuter???? Thanks for keeping me up to date by this blog. I will check it often. I think it is the best blog I have visited.
Anonymous said…
This blog is awesome. Why is Ry so fly?

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival