Walk to Cure


As many of you know, one of my lifes' challenges is Juvenile Diabetes. Millions of Americans are affected by the disease and, like me, hope to one day see a cure. I believe we are closer than ever. Scientists, Researchers, and Doctors have come a long way to help those of us with Diabetes. Having been diagnosed in 2001, I have greatly benefited from their research gains. Living with diabetes, however difficult, is now somewhat manageable thanks to progress made over the years. Each year the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) puts on a "Walk to Cure" in many cities throughout the country. The aims of the walk are to raise money and awareness for Juvenile Diabetes. I've decided to join them this year in Salt Lake City. The walk will be held at Wheeler Farm on Saturday, August 25, 2007. Registration begins at 8:00 am and the walk will start at 9:00am. We're planning on making a small donation. If you'd like to add to our donation, please let me know and I can tell you how to do so. If you'd like to join us on the walk here in SLC, click register. Our team is called "Dean Family" and I am the team leader. There are also walks happening later this year throughout the country that you may be able to join. JDRF is a good foundation to donate to because the money goes specifically to Type 1 Diabetes.

Comments

joyous said…
Thanks for the reminder. I did a walk when we lived in Provo and it was a lot of fun. The one in Oxnard is in October and I'm all signed up and ready to go!!
joyous said…
Hey! You don't mind that I 'borrowed' your post do you!?!? I went to write up about the walk and I couldn't put it nicely and yours was already done and done so well that I just figured imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :) I was wondering if you would even notice. LOL
CollyWolly said…
No, no, not at all. I actually was a little flattered that you used my words. I never think I write very well. I check your blog almost every day since I'm not working

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!