Christmas Day

Christmas was a lot of fun this year; probably my best ever. Ryan knew that Santa was coming, or at least he could tell you that he was. But, I don’t think he realized that meant he was going to have presents on Christmas morning. He woke up as usual and came into our room to watch Clifford. He had just recently learned how to climb out of the crib, so Santa’s gift could not have been better timing. Ryan got a new Disney Cars toddler bed from Santa. His stocking had a Thomas the Train in it and he was thrilled. He got a lot of cars this year from everyone. He also got a track to drive his little cars on that was from the movie Cars as well. It is shaped like the big rig named Mac and now he asks to “play Mac”. He is really in heaven with all of the fun gifts he got this year. He tried not to get too overwhelmed but Colin and I ended up opening some of his gifts for him because he just wanted to play with the toys that were open. He got a lot of clothes as well this year, which is good because a growing boy always needs new clothes! Ryan also got some nice books to enjoy and his babysitter gave him a Spiderman dinnerware set that he loves.

Colin was given Guitar Hero II from Santa this year. He also got a whole lot of clothes (mostly dress shirts) which he loves. He wears dress clothes 6 of 7 days per week so he needs lots of dress shirts. Stu gave him another game for his X Box and he is still playing that every second he can get. I got him a pair of shoes for work and a movie. He got more clothes and stuff from my grandparents as well.

I got all kinds of neat stuff for Christmas this year. Santa brought me a beautiful necklace. I also got some very nice maternity clothes that I am excited to wear. My parents gave me bar stools and silverware and I’m really excited to use those new things. I got a lot of scrap booking stuff, some Christmas decorations, a few books and things from my parents and grandparents as well as new Christmas dinnerware and a Coach Diaper bag. I’ll have to cook a meal and have some people over next year so I can use the beautiful poinsettia dishes. Colin’s mom got me a juicer that I’ll have to give a shot. I look forward to making baby food with it when our little guy arrives.

All in all we had a very nice day. It was so special to be able to share it with a child. This is Ryan’s third Christmas but he really got it- or at least is starting to- this year and that made it quite magical. Stuart and Justin came over in the evening to hang out and play games. Ryan was busy playing with his cars the whole day. We had a lot of fun and are very grateful for all of the wonderful gifts we were given.

I know that there are at least 5 other cameras with pictures of Christmas that I'd like to have. So, if you've got pictures of us on your camera, please post them or send them to me. Thanks!

Gifts from Santa.
the stocking
Gifts for Colin from Santa.
Enjoying the new bed!
Opening gifts with Daddy.


"Thomas!"



a John Deere tracktor from Nana & Grandpa Bruce.
"shredding"




The Mac Track
Setting up the Mac Track.



My new necklace from Colin and sweater from the in-laws.
A close-up of the necklace. It is white gold with 6 topaz jewels in gradient size and seven diamonds wrapped around the outside. I love topaz. Colin got me a bracelet for Mother's Day and it is just beautiful. I say they represent my baby boys. Colin said this one is for the little guy on the way.

Ryan with his stocking at Grandma's house. He's wearing a Nike track suit from Nana and Grandpa Bruce.
Jess coming in with her load of gifts for the family.
The pile of presents at Grandma & Grandpa's house.
Grandpa opening his gift from Jess. He's got a neck brace on because he had surgery on the 17th.
Me sitting on my new barstools from my parents. Aren't they cool?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I will get Dad to send you some pics from his camera he got some really good ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!