More Snow






We had Monday off from work due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday (for Colin) and because I'm off track (from now till Feb. 8 if you want to hang out). Luckily we didn't have to deal with the snow in the morning commute, but the Salt Lake Valley got hit hard again- up to 12 inches in some places. So, we decided to make the best of it and bundle up and go play. We hadn't tried sledding with Ryan this year because of the disaster that last year was. This time though, we kept it small and Ry had a good time. At the bottom of the first hill he said, "again!" It was really cute. Ryan wanted to make a snowman but the snow was so dry that it didn't really work. Great for skiing in, not so great for trying to make a snowman. Anyway, these aren't the greatest pictures, but we had a fun time.

Oh, and by the way, I'd be okay if it never snowed again until December, but I don't think we'll be that lucky. I was listening to the news last night and the weather lady said that the valley has had about 80 inches of snow so far this season. Alta (one of the ski resorts) has gotten 200+ inches. Okay, so no drought this year, enough snow already! It's a GREAT thing that we're leaving for California on Friday!!! Yea, even if it rains, at least it isn't snow.

Comments

joyous said…
You guys are so fun!! And Colin is a good sport. It's like pulling teeth to get Jim to go do "family" activities, unless it's his idea. LOL Seriously, you'll be grateful when you can water your lawn this summer!!!
Unknown said…
I agree...I'm really ready for the snow to be done! At least you guys went out and enjoyed it! Have fun in California...I'm jealous!
Teresa said…
So fun!! Have a good time in California and call me when you get back so we can hang out before you go back to school. You, me and Mindy need to get together!
Becky J. said…
I'd be okay if it never ever snowed anywhere but in the mountains EVER AGAIN, but then I guess I'm moving so I don't have to worry about the snow next winter--thank goodness! I'm pretty sick of it now. I hope your vacation to sunny So. Cal is fun! Soak up some sun for the rest of us, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival