4 more weeks!

As of yesterday, there are only four weeks left until our baby boy arrives! AH! I'm starting to feel not ready. But, I have my trusty list so as soon as I get that done, and whatever else I add to it, I'll be ready- at least prepared in the home. Mentally, I'm starting to freak out about this second baby coming and I have no idea why. Colin says he's more excited for this one. Ryan has been asking to feel the baby (my tummy) lately and he's started calling stuff "my brother's..." so I think he's ready too. Yesterday a girl at work told me, "you're getting big!” Yeah, nothing else, just that, which by the way is about the worst thing you can say to a pregnant woman. Some people have no tact. Anyway, Baby was checked out on Monday and again on Thursday and everything looks really good. On Thursday, his movements were a lot slower but I kept poking him to get him to wake up and they never had to use the obnoxious buzzer to alert him. My fluid looks good, the placenta looks good, and the baby is getting too big to see much of on the ultrasound. I mostly just see like a big skull then part of a leg, no cute profile shots like when he was 20 weeks old. 3 appointments down, 9 to go, and we'll have a baby. Oh, Dr. Smith did mention possibly delivering on the 7th but I'd have to do an amino if that's the case. I really don't want the amino, and I would feel more at ease if baby stays in longer too, so let’s hope I can keep my sugar under control (no more Valentine's candy) and baby keeps passing his bi-weekly tests. Below is the Pregnancy weekly update email I receive. Don't worry baby is way more than 5 pounds 8 ounces at this point- he's probably more like 6 pounds 4 ounces (we should have a growth check again on the 25th). No mention of bed rest, even though I'm high risk. No worries there, but I have had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions so I hope I don't go into labor early. 34 week update: Pregnancy Weekly Your Pregnant Body Pay attention to your body's clues Jen, in the next few weeks pay close attention to your body and all the clues it is giving you. Close your eyes during any Braxton-Hicks contractions and notice how the contraction moves in a wave-like motion, usually from the top of your belly to the bottom. Your doctor may have you use a fetal monitor to measure the frequency and strength of your contractions. Women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy may be put on bed rest at this point to insure they don't go into labor early.Your Baby Lumps and bumps Your baby is tipping the scales at nearly 5 pounds and is 18 inches from head to heel. He or she is running out of room in there and you may now be able to tell whether it is a hand or an elbow pushing against your belly. The protective vernix coating on your baby's skin is becoming thicker, but the lanugo hair is almost gone. Your baby may begin to get into position for delivery (hopefully head down). If your baby is in the breech position, your health care provider will continue monitor your baby's position in the hopes that he or she will turn. If not, you may undergo external cephalic version, or ECV.
In other news, some good things have happened at work lately. We finally found a substitute who will do my part of the maternity leave, plus teach for my partner who had to resign due to health problems. That is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Our students performed their program and that went off really well, especially since the teacher that directs the entire program got stuck in the worst snow storm of the year and never made it to the performance. The two-hour delay on Valentine's Day sure was a nice treat though. Next week I have Parent-Teacher Conferences so I'll be doing report cards all weekend, fun fun!






Comments

Anonymous said…
Jen, I'm so excited!!! I love the picture of Ryan listening to your tummy. I'm glad everything's going smoothly; if you need me for anything, let me know. I'd be happy to come up and help.
Katie
Unknown said…
You're so close! You're right...some people have no tact! I got comments like that my entire pregnancy. Oh well...you look great and it sounds like the baby's doing well! It'll be nice to have the baby here, but in some ways it's so much nicer to be pregnant! Good luck!
Brooke said…
Cool background. Did you decide for sure on a name yet?
CollyWolly said…
Still have not decided on a name. But I think for sure the first name will be Evan. Possibly Miles or Liam for the middle name. And, I could decide to name him the first name of Owan, but we think we like Evan a little better.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival