Baby Update

So I'm 33 weeks along tomorrow which means I only have 5 weeks left of pregnancy. I've just about made it to the down-right miserable phase of the pregnancy. I'm getting bigger- it seems more each day, and more and more uncomfortable. Colin says I'm doing better than last time though, and I attribute most of that to the fact that I was huge pregnant for almost the ENTIRE summer with Ryan. I had lots of swelling and was as big as a balloon. Luckily, I haven't swollen up with this one. My ribs seem to have adjusted to this pregnancy much better too, I can feel when he's moved up into my rib cage but I don't have that tearing apart feeling coming from my ribs constantly.

So anyway, I went to the diabetes doctor on Monday and the OB on Tuesday. Both docs say I'm doing well and that I just need to keep a good eye on my sugars. It's getting harder each day as this baby kicks out more and more growth hormone. Dr. Smith (OB) did a growth check and, brace yourself, this baby is already 6 pounds. Well, 5.9 pounds to be exact. Funny thing is Dr. Smith didn't really seem all that concerned about it since I've already decided to have a repeat cesarean. Here comes the greatest news, I have to have two non stress tests per week from now until the baby is born, one more Dr. Day appointment, and possibly a visit up to LDS for a "big daddy" ultrasound. That's a grand total of 12 appointments in 5 weeks. Hopefully we'll deliver the baby on Friday, March 14th. I think I may crack if I have to go any longer than that, but at the same time I know that he needs to "cook" as long as he can so that he's healthy and ready for life.

I haven't had any more MFM ultrasound appointments so this is an old ultrasound image, but I thought this post needed a picture.

Hi baby!

Comments

Wendy B. said…
Congrats Jen. It seems like you've really had to work hard on this pregnancy. What sacrifice we make for our children! I had my twins at 34 weeks. If you were me you'd only have 1 week left!
Unknown said…
You're so close! 12 appointments in 5 weeks, though...that's crazy! Hopefully time will go really fast since you'll be so busy! Good luck! Love the ultrasound pics!
Gosh I know what you mean about being uncomfortable. I haven't had a full nights sleep for 3 months. Yeah 5 weeks to go I"m so excited for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival