This is Ryan and I painting letters for baby Evan. So, I guess we've made up our mind on the first name.

I have a funny story to tell about Ryan. Yesterday he was playing with his little match-box cars on the table. He decided it would be fun to drive them through some "powder". So, he dumped out as much pepper as he could get out of the shaker and began driving the little truck through it. Later on he put the truck in his mouth. He quickly found out that it didn't taste so good. He kept rubbing his tongue on the couch, his blanket, and his shirt, trying to get the taste to go away. It was just too funny. I gave him some juice and that didn't work either so we eventually washed his hands and brushed his teeth to help him get rid of the pepper taste.

Well, I survived my long week at work. Parent-Teacher conferences went well and I only didn't see two parents. I didn't get yelled at and my sugars stayed normal throughout the conferencing. I am so relieved that they are over. We finally found a long-term sub who will teach full-time while I'm gone and then remain with me for the rest of the year teaching in the afternoons.

We've done a few small baby preparations and it's making me feel a little more ready for this child to come. I still feel really unprepared though. I guess maybe I was staying at home last time thinking about the baby non-stop. Making blankets, freezing meals, reading books, attending birthing class. I've done almost none of that this time and I don't know if I feel guilty or just unprepared.

Baby has still done well on his non-stress tests this week. He's starting to look really big on the ultrasound. And if you've seen me lately, you can attest to that.
Anyway, have a great week everyone!

Comments

Unknown said…
I felt really unprepared for this baby too, but somehow it works out! I love the name Evan, by the way!
Wendy B. said…
Evan rocks!! I know the feeling of being unprepared. I was on hospital bedrest a month before my twins came. I had nothing ready. At least you have all your stuff from Ryan. Plus I bet knowing what to expect more this time makes you immensely more prepared. Good luck!
The McNews said…
Awwww...the joys of 2 year olds! I laughed so hard! I wish I could have seen that. I think I was just spread thin thinking of the baby and Cameron. It's funny. It all kind of fell into place and I wasn't anywhere near as prepared with Kei as I was Cam. You are a great MOM don't underestimate yourself...Ryan's alive isn't he? LOL!
joyous said…
Wohoo!! You're getting so close! I LOVED the pepper story....poor kid. They just crack me up. :)
Anonymous said…
Jen, you are doing great on your check up's You aren't unprepared at all. Ryan will be a great big brother just keep him away from the pepper
Jenn said…
I totally felt the same way this time around. I don't know if the unprepared feeling is just because you really know what you are getting yourself into this time around, or what, but I have heard lots of people say that they felt the same way on babies 2,3, etc. He is lucky to have a mommy that loves him, that's all he will need! Good luck. Two is an interesting transition!
Sia's DoMaiNe said…
sooo cute!! sheesh, I feel bad, I still havent been able to come over to your place..its been so crazyee for me seriously...but dont forget I still love ya!!!

Sia and fam

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival