2 week check-up


I took Evan in for his two-week check up today. He turned two weeks on Friday of last week. At this check-up basically, all they do is a weight check and then run the PKU screening. I was told that this is a screening for all kinds of diseases including metabolic disorders etc.


Evan weighs 9 pounds (70th percentile).
He is measuring 22.25 inches long (90th percentile).
and his head measurement was ... I don't remember but it was 25th percentile.
So basically, he's a big kid but has a tiny head.

I can't help but find myself comparing him to his older brother all of the time. What else do I know though, than my experience with Ryan? Anyway, Ryan was never above 50th percentile in height so Evan is for sure taller. And he did start out large in the weight department but didn't gain back his birth-weight quite like Evan has, so he was heavy, but I'm not sure quite 70th percentile like Evan. His head was also small and still measures about 25th percentile, although, I think they quit measuring Ryan's head anymore.

The doctor's office was full of kids with strep throat, so if you've got the symptoms, make an appointment and go get a culture swab taken. But, please, make an appointment, we were there FOREVER and I heard of two moms trying to have sick kids that didn't have appointments looked at. I really wanted to get my precious newborn out of there!






Comments

Wendy B. said…
How nice it must be to have a baby that's actually on the charts. My boys still haven't caught up from being preemies. Except their heads (80-90th percentile). They've got small bodies and big heads.
Wendy B. said…
Oh also, I wanted to comment on how much Evan looks like your hubby's pics. Ryan looks more like you, I think. How nice to have one for each of you.
The McNews said…
He is so pretty! He looks so healthy too! I know, I compare Cam and Kei all the time. Kei is just a shrimp compared to Cam. I'm still working on responding to your email. It's deleted my draft TWICE! UGGG!
joyous said…
That is a sweet little baby you have there!! I hope you enjoy two. The baby wrap looks cool, keep us posted on what you think after you use it more often. :)
Teresa said…
Adorable outfit!! I love it! He's so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival