Family of Four

It's quite hard to believe that we have TWO kids now! It's truly amazing though. I'm SO COMPLETELY in Love with this little guy! I just look at him and think of what an amazing miracle of life he is. It is truly glorious to bring an infant into the world. He's a bundle of joy. He has been doing really well with everything so far.
When he was born he had a nice loud cry and we knew his lungs were good and strong. He's been breathing really well. His blood-sugars have all been normal. When a mommy is diabetic, they worry about the infant having hypoglycemia (low blood sugars). An infants levels can be much lower than an adults though, and so they hope for numbers above 40. Evan's lowest one was 46 but most of them have been in the 60's.
He is really doing an amazing job with breastfeeding as well. And, for all of you mommies out there, you know what a challenge this can be. I hope this isn't TMI but he latched right on the first day and eats really well. We have had one small set-back, he has a little bit of jaundice today, but I think everything is going really well so far.

Colin and the boys. Colin is trying to teach Ryan what kind of loves he can give Evan. He kept wanting to touch him right in the face.
aw! What a cute picture of the three boys.

This was the first time Ryan "held" Evan.
Me holding Evan.
All four of us. Not a great shot, but we're all there.
Ryan and I looking at Evans tiny feet.
Trying to pose with both boys in my lap.
We gave Ryan this "I'm the big brother" shirt to wear on Friday. Mom said that he had to wash it so that he could wear it again on Saturday.
I have no idea what I'm doing in this picture. Colin was trying to set Ryan into the bed with us. Ryan is making a strange face...

Comments

Wendy B. said…
Congratulations Jen!!! I'm very excited for you. What a beautiful family. Ryan looks so proud to be a big bro.
Brooke said…
Cute little baby!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival