the Dentist


Ryan had his first experience at the Dentist this past Wednesday. He really did quite well, I thought. He was pretty well behaved throughout my visit and was asking about when it was his turn. I had of course prepared him that we were going to see the dentist and that he was going to want to look inside his mouth. It did help him brush his teeth at least that morning. Speaking of that morning, it really hadn't gone very well. Ryan wasn't being very cooperative in getting ready and I was a little stressed about taking both boys to the dentist by myself. Anyway, we finally made it out the door in time for our mid-morning appointment and headed over there. Like I said, he did well waiting his turn and the receptionist offered to put on a movie for him while they cleaned my teeth. He picked out the purple dinosaur toy (pictured above) before his turn in the chair. The hygienist informed me that they would polish his teeth and apply a fluoride treatment as long as he was cooperative. He did a few dinosaur growls to open his mouth for her. She was able to count that he has 18 teeth, well almost. His lower molars are only half way in. The upper molars haven't yet come in. Eventually, he'll have 20 baby teeth, I learned at this visit. Same story for the dentist, he was only able to count the teeth. So, we didn't get to clean, polish, floss or fluoride, but I feel like it was a nice "warm up" visit for him. Hopefully in six months time we'll get a little more accomplished. I'm just glad he wasn't kicking and screaming about the whole ordeal.

Comments

FluorideNews said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
us said…
You are so brave to take both boys by yourself. I am impressed!!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival