1,000 pounds

On Friday, my mom and I canned 1,000 pounds of wheat. No that number is not wrong. We did 20 50 pound bags. We also did 100 pounds of Flour and 50 pounds of oats. For what? Just for storage I guess. Most of it was my mom's friends. Look closely at the second picture and you can see the bags of wheat piled up. Ryan was really good, especially because we did the canning right in the middle of his nap time. Evan did not let a little canning get in the way of his nap, he slept right through it all, which made the whole process possible. Not sure how we would have done it otherwise.




Comments

us said…
I am sooo impressed. I really need to do that.
Becky J. said…
Wow, you're an animal! That's way impressive.

So how many more days until school is out? Couting them down yet? Are you teaching again next year? Please tell everyone there hello from me! Take care!
Wendy B. said…
I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind to work on emergency preparedness. Good for you. Keep up the good work. Little Evan is looking quite chubby, by the way.
joyous said…
Look at you crazy ladies!! That's pretty impressive work for a day. Thanks for your comments on my new pump. I'm having fun getting all the settings adjusted for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival