Good Night Moon

I had a request for another post. Then I got to thinking about it and I hadn't taken a single picture in one week. So, I took some of the boys today and I thought I'd do a little stint of our week. See videos at the bottom.


The boys have really been doing some cute things lately and I'm trying to remember them all so that I can write them down.


Every single day this week when driving home Ryan has asked for me to drive up the mountain so he can go see the new temple on the east side of the valley. I guess he can see it just right from his car seat as I am getting onto the freeway. I have not felt like just taking a drive up the hill so I've kept putting him off.



Finally on Friday I realized that the distribution center was the one stop in the last two weekends that I had just not gotten to. So, I told him that we would go to "mommy and daddy's temple". I drove over there and was showing him our temple. I pointed out the man on the top and was trying to teach him how to say "Angel Moroni". He pretty well got it, however, like usual he knocked my socks off with his thought process.
He said, "can I touch it?"
Mommy, "no, Ryan it's too high up."
Ryan: well, can I take the elevator up to the top so I can touch it?


I honestly know that we've only been in a few elevators and it's been quite some time. I had no idea that he understood that the elevator was taking you up; inside of a building. Kids. They absorb so much.


When we were inside the distribution center Ryan was being his normal self running around, talking to all the patrons and seeing how the automatic door worked. One old man commented to me, "you've got a live one there". "You have no idea!" I was thinking. So live in fact that I did not realize the woman gave me the wrong kind of material! How frustrating. I suppose it will be another two weeks before I make it back to exchange. Oh well.




Evan is a little less "live" but still very active for his age. He has been so funny about eating this week. He will grunt and groan through an entire meal because he just cannot get food fast enough. He'll even do that while nursing. Funny kid. Evan has really been moving a lot lately and Colin and I have both predicted that he'll be crawling within a month. I tried to take video of his stunts but of course as soon as I got the camera out he stopped showing off.








Well, I suppose that is all for my post this week. Oh, but I did want to close with just one more story. We had a full moon earlier this week and when I took a picture of it, it reminded me of a daily occurrence. Each night when we get Ryan ready for bed. He and I have this conversation. I swear it is almost word for word the same every day.
Mommy: Ryan, it's time to get ready for bed.
Ryan: Where's the sun?
Mommy: It's going down, Ry.
Ry: Why is it going down, Mommy?
Mom: Because it's night-time.
Ry: Why is it night-time?
Mom: Because the sun is going down.
Ry: Where is the moon?
Mom: It's coming up.
Ry: The moon is coming up because the sun is going down?
Mom: Yes
Ry: Oh, it's nighttime?
Mom: Yes, now lets get your pajamas on.







Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute boys, busy life! How do you do it all Jen?
CollyWolly said…
What? No comment Stu?

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ryan!