Our Week

So sue me if this is the lamest post I've ever done. We are just so crazy busy these days that I don't have much else to add/post about.

Monday: Ryan attended his second day of Preschool. He calls it "P-School". They worked on the letter O and the color Red. He can write an O pretty well. The teacher knew which letter to start with!

Tuesday: I can't remember anything special that happened on this day. Tonya had a great report for the boys. Colin had class after work and we just sort of did our thing. Tuesdays are garbage days at Tonya's so Ryan and Curen love that day. Oh yes, how could I forget? The lovely district meeting that I had to attend which had me out of the house until 7:00 pm. Loads of fun and enjoyment. Thanks Jess for watching the boys for me.

Wednesday: Ryan had his third day of preschool and I was supposed to send something with him for show and tell. I realized this after work and called the teacher to see how he's doing. She said that he sits still (I'm sure she was generously exaggerating) and that he did well when he wrote his letters. She also said that he had something to share for show and tell (thank you Tonya!). Wednesday is a study night for Colin.

Thursday: This is my favorite day at work because our schedule is all very different. We have library, music, volunteering in the morning, recycling (which the kids cannot wait to do and start asking me about as soon as they walk into the classroom). We also don't have Science or CAMP (rotations: Computer, Art, Music, and PE). I like both of those but its kind of fun to have a day that just doesn't match up with the rest of the week, it makes it seem special. This Thursday was also neat because I got to teach my students about the events of 9/11/01. They were THREE at the time so they had a lot to learn and were really respectful and curious about the events. I did a slide show presentation for the whole grade and it went pretty well once I got the projector to cooperate with me.
Thursday is another school night for Colin.

Friday: Fridays for me are always a little crazy. We let out early for planning time and I always try to do the same amount with 2 hours less time. Why do I bring this on myself? I'm not sure. I did make great use of my planning time though and didn't bring home as much work as I did last Saturday. See, I'm learning.

Saturday: I love being home on Saturday and spending time with my family, however, Saturday's since I've been teaching have a double meaning. I also have to get EVERYTHING done for the upcoming week... "Saturday is a Special day..." and it just totally stresses me out! I have to do my grading, planning, recording, and correcting for work. I have to do the laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping for the house. AH. Just so much to do.
We also saw a blow-out football game on Saturday. The BYU Cougars beat UCLA 59 to 0! It was nice to see Colin really excited about a game. He didn't have much to complain about for this game. They did an awesome job!

Sunday: Today we had a really cute thing happen with Ryan. We were sitting in Sacrament meeting and the little girl behind us got up and bore her testimony. He realized that she was a KID and that she got up to speak. So, he decided he wanted to go up too. Colin started getting really nervous but I could tell he was willing to take him up to speak. Colin tried to prepare him by telling him what they would say before they went up. Ryan just kept saying that he wanted to say, "amen". So, they both got brave enough and went up to bear their testimonies. It was really cute because as soon as Ryan got up there, he looked out at the crowd and noticed that there were A LOT OF PEOPLE! He kind of got the deer-in-the-headlights look on his face and froze up. Colin whispered in his ear and Ryan sort of mumbled into the microphone. We could hear "stories" and "amen". When Ryan sat down the families around us were all congratulating him on doing such a good job. He just said, "I did it!" He was so proud of himself. Then he realized that Colin was speaking and he said, "that's my daddy talking". Too cute.

Anyway, that's that I guess.

Comments

chad and lydia said…
Sounds like you've been busy!! Your boys sure are cute-- I love your pics!!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ryan!