latest ryanisms

Ryan wearing vampire teeth.

It's always a crack-up to listen to what Ryan has to say. He is constantly coming up with new and funny things to say and do. I think most that know him would agree. I often say that he's three with a vocabulary of a ten year old. He picks up everything. Here are a few of his latest.

ladies and jellovins= ladies and gentlemen
nem in nems= m&ms
trick or treat smell my feet give me good to eat= give me something good to eat
what about that? = what do you think about that? how about that?
shoo we?= should we?
night bugs= plaque (when talking about brushing his teeth in the morning)
your mom= grandma
your dad= grandpa
daddy's friends= Colin's co-workers
isolation= time-out
I'm so confused! = when he's confused
I just told you= when he's feeling not listened to
You freakin' butt= he says this when he's trying to be really funny and we have no idea where that one came from!
school work= Mommy's job
meaners= mean


Here are two funny things he did recently.

1. He gets really bored during the day when I'm off track so he likes to go over to our neighbors house and play with their toys. I was nursing Evan and he kept asking me if he could go over there. I told him "no" because I didn't want him bugging them. He was getting so frustrated by me telling him what he didn't want to hear. He told me, "Mom, say yes when I ask you if I can go over there". Then he would ask me again and I would say no. Finally he just walked out of the apartment and went over there. The neighbor asked him if I said he could come over and he said to her, "She said no, but that means yes". HA! What a little terd.

2. He was over at "my dads" aka Grandpa's house and grandpa was asking him if he needed to use the potty. He said, "I already went". Grandpa asked, "When?" and Ryan responded, "when the wind blows". I think he heard this at Tonya's house because I don't use that phrase very often but I think he meant something like whenever it happens it happens.

I am really amazed at how smart he is. What three-year-old totally understands the relationships in a family, enough to call grandpa and grandma "your mom and dad"? Maybe I'm just biased.
Lately his favorite song is "Do as I'm doing" and he sings it all day long. It has been beneficial in getting him to do his chores or tasks around the house. The other day I was singing, "Brush as I'm brushing, follow follow me".
I tell you this kid can keep me entertained for days! I sure will miss him when I go back to work. We just love him!


Comments

The McNews said…
I still read your blog all the time!!! Ryan is amazing. Now that I'm working with three year olds I'm learning all sorts of things...all sorts. NO, he's VERY smart! LOVE the Ryanisms! HUGS! I'm glad your having a nice time off!
Jessica said…
He is such a smart kid, with so much humor! I think Evan will follow in his footsteps. He has a good role model to follow. I hope they can both teach my little one someday.
Abes and Stace said…
Jen,

I just switched my blog to private but don't have your email to invite you in. If you want access, just email me at staceymehl@hotmail.com.

Stacey

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival