Trick-or-Treating


A note about the costumes:
We had these gorgeous costumes from China, but I wasn't sure if we should use them... I mean, what are they, Chinese guys? So, at the beginning of the month I was trying to think of costume ideas for this year. My Aunt Linda is a talented seamstress and has quite a collection of Halloween costumes. Each year I just call her up and see what she has in whatever size I need. I knew that my family would be coming up for conference, so I called her to see what she had in Ryan's size. She listed off a few things and I told her what to send. My grandparents brought two costumes for Ryan; one was an Indian and the other was Pinocchio. We also had the Chinese outfit. So, when it came time to decide I had Ryan try on all three costumes. We decided that we liked the Chinese ones the best although all three were very cute. We just thought it would be perfect to have the boys sort of "match" and dress as the same thing, since we had them and they both fit. Well, sometime between our decision (meaning Colin's and mine), Ryan had decided that he wanted- no, was going to be- a Shark! Now, where on Earth he came up with this idea, I have no clue. I just know that he had EVERYONE convinced that he was dressing as a shark. He never plays with sharks, there are no shark movies, he doesn't have shark toys, watch shark cartoons, or ANYTHING. Regardless, he told all of his friends at Preschool and the babysitters that he was being a Shark. He also let me know that he was going to be a Shark for Halloween. A shark? What?! We don't have a shark costume.
Anyway, this is when we busted out the three actual costume options and "decided" upon a costume. I didn't hear much about the shark for a while and had him pretty much convinced that he was going to be a "Chinese guy" for Halloween and match Evan. We talked about it periodically, this is what you have to do when you want to persuade a three-year-old to do something, and he would even tell me all about it. Then, about two days before his Preschool Halloween party, he decides back on the shark costume. I told him that if he didn't want to be the Chinese guy that he could be Pinocchio or an Indian. He decided on Pinocchio and was happy with that. It was very cute and I loved him dressed in that costume. Still, however, we wanted him to match Evan for Halloween so we were back on the constant talk-about-the-upcoming-event phase to try to get him to dress in what WE wanted him to wear. As the pictures prove, we won out and he wore the Chinese outfit for Halloween day!

After going up to the office to trick-or-treat, I took the boys by their grandparents house to show off their cute costumes and eat my mother's stew and corn bread-yum! Then we headed over to the Cole's house for trick-or-treating.
Evan getting ready to head out and trick-or-treat.
Ryan super excited to go trick-or-treating.
The whole crew (minus photographer) trick-or-treating. Josie wanted to push Evan, Ryan and Curen holding hands, and Tonya and I taking them around to the houses. Thanks for letting us tag along guys.
They had a great time and Ryan really got the hang of it. It did sprinkle on us a little bit and I was quite unprepared for that, no sweaters, or blankets- oops! At least I remembered to put some socks on Evan.
We were out for the perfect amount of time. Ryan got lots of candy and the boys were both in bed by their usual bedtimes leaving Mommy lots of after-bedtime-blogging time!
Whew! Fun day but I have to say I'm glad its over and I can go to bed now!
Happy Halloween everybody!
This one house was SO DECKED OUT! The boys were stoked about the skeletons riding the motorcycle.
By the end it was sprinkling and Ryan asked to wear Evan's hat so he wouldn't get his head wet!

Comments

joyous said…
LOL. Oh Jen, I feel your pain. The lengths and the efforts and trickery we resort to to convince our toddlers to go our way. That is TOO funny. (We had a similar experience this year.)

I do love the chinese outfits though. I am a sucker for matching/themed outfits. :) Glad you guys had a fun holiday.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!