Boys, Boys, Boys

Ryan has been a lot of fun lately. He says so many funny and interesting things. I try to make a list of all of his sayings and things, but I forget to write them down. I'll try to remember a few of them for you.
The other day we were driving down the road and he was jabbering away. I asked him to hush. He said, "why do you want me to hush mommy?" I responded, "Because sometimes you talk a lot." "Yeah, I do that," he said. I had to laugh out loud.
My facebook status the other day said that I wonder how he got to be so smart. Here's the story of what I was referring to.
Ryan and I got out the game Don't Break the Ice and were trying to play when "the destroyer" aka Evan, came along and got in our way. Ryan asked me to put him to bed and I told him that it wasn't time for Evan to go to sleep yet. He responded to that by saying, "When the little hand gets on the seven, it's time for Evan to go to bed."
WHAT? My three-year old can read time? Sure enough, the little hand was on the seven. I asked him to point to the seven on the clock, just to check that he really knew what he was talking about. Sure enough, he pointed to the seven. The next day, as we were getting ready for Church, I asked Colin for the time. Ryan chimes in and says, "I'll go check Mommy." He comes back and says, the little hand is on the 10, and the big hand is on the 1. "OK, thanks Ry!"
Truly, amazed!
Lately after he runs around the house he'll say, "My heart is beeping." I guess he can feel his heart beat when it's going fast.

Evan has been into a lot of fun things lately too. This week he learned how to traverse stairs. We don't have stairs in our apartment right now, so he doesn't get a lot of practice. We've been out looking at new places to live and he's been enjoying climbing up the stairs. It sort of freaks me out but he's been doing pretty well. On Sunday, he got some stair lessons at Grandma's house. He's doing much better. Tuesday we hung out with Grandma a little bit and she started to teach him how to climb down the stairs as well. While he isn't perfect yet, he's starting to get the hang of it.

Evan spoke his first word this week. Twice he's said "baba" for bottle. I'm not surprised that his first word has to do with eating. Our little guy is a year old in a month from tomorrow! Yikes! Where has the time gone?


Every night when Colin gets home, it's daddy jungle gym time. He wrestles and plays around with the boys for five or ten minutes and gets them all nice and riled up before bedtime. Then we usually do bath time and get ready for bed.


This is a photo of my long-haired Colin. He's got this wild idea lately to grow out his hair. Who knows how long he'll keep it this way, but I sure like it!

Comments

Audra said…
I sure do miss Ryan at my sliding glass door and his, "My mom says no, but she really means yes" comments!
joyous said…
Too cute...all your fun-loving boys. I can't believe that Evan is almost 1!!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival