60th Wedding Anniversary

My Grandparents; Edwin & Veva Clegg on their 60th Wedding Anniversary.

My Grandparents were celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary this April. It jus so happened that I was tracking off on the day before their party, so for me the timing couldn't have been better. Ryan rode down in the car with my parents and little brother on Thursday night. I worked all day on Friday and Jess drove Evan and I to the airport that evening. Friday night we had the party! It was a lot of fun and I was glad that I got to go. The only grandchildren that weren't able to come were my sister, Jess and Mikey. Jess had Emry just a few weeks previous and Emry was still on oxygen, not to mention only a couple of weeks old. Mikey had previous plans to attend a race.
The party turned out really nice. Marsha and Jean did the flowers for the tables. The food was catered by a local taco shop. Mike & Robin did the drinks. Michelle and I helped put the video montage together. A few of us got up and told some funny stories of Ed & Veva. We danced, we ate cake, and we called it a night!
More to come on the trip to Califonia later.


The Anniversary Cake! It was beautiful and quite tasty too!The Lakeside Community center just before everyone came. It turned out so pretty!
Kimmy giving her speech.
Grandma Veva giving her speech.
Uncle Troy giving his speech.
Mona & Veva
Marsha holding my Evan.
Delaney & Ryan! Aren't they the cutest little cousins you've ever seen?
Lathan. He refused to look at me while I took his picture, but he's pretty cute anyway.
Ryan & Delaney running around in circles.
Evan
Ryan & Evan running around. They pretty much did this the ENTIRE night, as anyone who was there will testify.
Ry Guy
Evster
Me & my boys by the lake.
Ryan looking at the lake.
Ryan & Delaney
Evan checking out the ducks in the lake.
Michelle & Jen
Donna, Veva & Jean
The Dierkop girls surrounding Karen. Moments before I shot this they all had their hands on her belly. Karen is having a baby girl in about 6 weeks!
Grandma & Grandpa
Grandma & Grandpa with a bunch of us girls before the party got started.
Kirsten, Linda, Kari, Kimmy, and Troy- The Keach Family
Grandma & Grandpa sharing a dance together.
Ed & Veva dancing.
Donna & Shane dancing.
Kirsten dancing with Ryan.
Fern, Evelyn, Lois, Nelda & Ed
Brady, Delaney, and Ryan waiting for a piece of cake. They were really anxious all night to get a piece of this cake. They didn't want to have to wait so long, but they did a good job and they were for sure the first ones in line for some delicious dessert.
Grandma & Grandpa preparing to cut their cake.
Delaney checking out the flowers from the top of the cake.
Ryan smelling the flowers from the top of the cake.
Mona (Grandma's sister), Veva, and Justin
Grandma Veva dancing with Justin.
Lathan pushing Evan in the stroller.


Troy, Linda, Mike, Robin, Donna, Shane, Jean, Frank, Veva, Ed (and Delaney didn't want to get out of the photo)

Comments

Christie said…
It was great to meet you and your cute boys!
I also have a blog, its nice to be able to share memories with those we dont see often...=)
Lex-a-roo said…
Wow, sounds like a fun get together there aren't too many from that generation around anymore we have to treasure them.
Jessica said…
Those are great pics! Im sad me,Cole &Emry missed out on the whole event!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival