Shooting with Colin

One of our Memorial Day activities was going out to the shooting range at Get Some, Guns and Amo. Colin has really been into his firearms lately and I've been less than happy about it. I was COMPLETELY against it at first. I guess I'm alright with it now-a-days as long he doesn't spend too much (more) money on it and doesn't bother me with it all day long.
Well, I don't know why but I finally decided that I'd go to the shooting range with him. I was REALLY nervous about it. I mean, you all thought I was afraid of the bees SHEESH that was NOTHING in comparison to the damn guns! When we walked into the store, I was really freaked out by all of the firearms and ammunition all over the whole place. We signed our waivers and entered the shooting range and that's when I was REALLY freaking out inside. I couldn't believe how L-O-U-D the guns were! I was really freaked and ready to leave. Colin got everything set up and shot a magazine through the gun and then asked me to do it. I guess he figured I was really paying attention when he showed me how to use the gun a few days before. I didn't even pick the gun up hardly before we got there, and now I was supposed to fire it???!!! So I finally did and it was kind of funny. I would fire the gun and then scream in between each shot. I really got warmed up though and Colin figured I shot a total of like 100 rounds between the two guns.



Here's me at the end of our shooting experience. It wasn't too bad after all and Colin was quite happy that I actually went with him, and fired the gun.
My first time shooting the gun. Sig Sauer P229. (whateverthehell that means)
Kinda freaked out by the loud noise and all.
Colin showing me how to do it for real.
Colin thinks it's really funny that my left eye is dominant and I'm right handed. You can tell in this picture how I have to move my head all the way to the right so that my left eye is lined up with the sight.

Shooting the Smith and Wesson 637.
Colin shooting up an Osama Bin Laden poster. He only had one stray shot. He got him on the nose and between the eyes too!

Comments

Natalie said…
I remember the first time Joe took me shooting. Like you, I was freaked out about the whole experience until I really got warmed up. Turns out it was fun!
Unknown said…
My dad used to take me target shooting and I loved it! In college I went with a couple of guys and loved it. I haven't gone target shooting since. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Massey Family said…
You are so sweet, to get involved in his idea of fun :) LOL
Jessica said…
You ready to go get our consealed weapon permits so we can pack heat now? Haha! Target shooting is actually fun once you get used to it.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!