the rocking horse

On Ryan's second birthday, the Dean's brought us out this rocking horse all the way from Maryland. It was Colin's when he was a little boy and Karen and Bruce saved it all this time. They've were waiting to hand it down to Colin when he had a child that could use it. Ryan was a little bit big for it by the time we got it, but he still rode it a little. I think it is so cute and has tons of character. Evan has really enjoyed it and he's been able to have it around for a little longer than Ryan, so he's really gotten some use out of it. I know Karen will be thrilled to see some pictures of Evan on it, but I just had to post the ones of Ryan too. I guess I think it's cool how similar they look and at the same time, they look a different too. Ryan is 26 months in these pictures and Evan is 15 months. So they're about a year apart, Ryan being older when the photos were taken than Evans. However, they're about the same size. Ryan's face looks older but they can wear the same clothes. I know because Evan wears a lot of hand-me-downs and can fit into the stuff that Ryan wore at this age.



Ryan on the rocking horse.
Ryan.
Sorry about the bandanna, I think he was copying Colin who was trying on Halloween "costumes".
Evan riding the rocking horse.
Evan.

Comments

joyous said…
Wow!! he really is a good size kid! But such a cutie. :) I love heirloom stuff, that horse is definitely a keeper.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival