Trick or Treating

I wanted to take the boys around trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood. They were pretty excited to dress up and go get a bunch of candy. I was excited for it also. So Evan dressed up as Batman. He loves this costume. It is a little bit big on him but that almost makes it even cuter. I never put the mask down over his face because he likes the cape and doesn't mind the hat affect but doesn't like it over his eyes.
Ryan dressed up as Spider Man. The costume doesn't look great with clothes on underneath but even with the unseasonably warm weather, he needed more that that flimsy little cloth to keep him warm after dark. He didn't mind the bulges anyway and was stoked to go trick-or-treating with Evan and me.
Bat Man and Spider Man getting hyped to go trick-or-treating with Mommy.
My Clown costume. I wasn't totally in to dressing up this year but needed to for work and this was the costume that worked for that occasion. So, I wore it again on actual Halloween night. Ryan really wanted me to dress up so I didn't disappoint.
Getting ready to go out trick-or-treating. We left when it was still light out so that we could be back before it got too dark and cold. Unfortunately, those people who live in our neighborhood with small children did not do the same. Either they didn't go at all or they went out much later than we did. We were pretty much the only ones out trick-or-treating. We also found several doors unoccupied. This neighborhood can be so lame! I really wish that we had some friends go with us but we had fun all by ourselves.
All ready to go!

So we were out for about an hour and a half. I wasn't exactly sure of what route to take. I would have done it differently if I could do it again. Maybe gone a different direction. We live in the middle of suburbia and there are TONS of houses and lots of streets. I could pretty much go right, left, up, down, or straight and take a totally different route. Anyway, the kids were tired and cold so we came home.
We only had about 10 kids come to our door so between what we bought thinking that we'd have tons of trick-or-treaters, and what the boys got on our own adventure, there was enough candy to make us sick for the entire week!
The boys had a great time and enjoyed the candy, the dressing up, and the walking around very much. I'm glad they were able to enjoy their Holiday and I wonder if this will be the first one that Ryan really remembers well.
So much candy, so little time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival