Ryan Quotes 2010

1/3/10
Singing: we will, we will rock you…. Got mud on your face, big this grace, cannon ball in your face.

1/1/10
Ryan: Mommy, what’s a nightmare
Mommy: It’s a bad dreamRyan: Then why the heck is she saying “beautiful nightmare”? (lyrics to a song on the radio)
Mommy: finally actually listening to the lyrics in the song, I don’t know Ryan, that doesn’t make much sense does it?

2/11/10
Ryan: quoting some part from Kung Fu Panda then stopping to think about it a little more, Mommy, what’s a warrior?
Mommy: Well, it’s kind of like a soldier or a fighter.
Ryan: Oh like a guy who fights the bad guys. Mommy, is daddy a soldier? Mommy: NoRyan: Well, he can shoot the bad guys with his gun, right?

02/27/10
Colin bought two Nerf swords on our weekly WalMart trip this Saturday. Ryan had been chewing on his sword and there were teeth marks on it.

Ryan: Daddy, this one’s Evans (Shows him the one with bite marks)
Daddy: No, this is the one with the bite marks on it, you were chewing your sword.
Ryan: No
Daddy: You need to tell the truth, Ryan, this one is yours because you were biting it. Ryan suddenly gets all sad and says, “I haven’t been taking very good care of my sword,” commences to sob.

03/03/10
Evan is adorable


04/01/10
Home with Mommy on Spring Break:
Ryan: Mommy, I love you a google and you’re the best baby-sitter ever.
With Ryan lately he measures everything that is “a lot” in a google. Did you know that a google is a 1 with 100 zeroes at the end? That’s pretty big!

06/28/10
Ryan: Apparently we can't walk home (while beach camping). He said this completely out of the blue.

06/29/10
It's getting so hot I can't focus (while roasting a hot dog over the fire).

He's been saying these words incorrectly for quite some time...

Amblience (ambulance)

Accalently- (accidentally)

Thinger- (finger)

7/10/10
To some girls at the park: watch out for Evan because he has a good bite

7/12/10
Ryan lately only wears clothes with matching tops and bottoms. If it didn't COME with it, then he won't wear it. If he wears a red shirt, he wants red shorts. Blue shirt, blue shorts, etc. Arg! Getting him dressed each day is a total chore!

7/16/10
Ryan: What are you saying in English?
Mommy: Everything I say is in English, Ryan.
Ryan: No, like I mean, what are you saying in ENGLISH?
Mommy: Ryan, everything I say is in English, that is what language we speak. If I am talking, it is in English.
I have to give him SOME credit for this one though, because I do throw random Spanish phrases at him occasionally.

One day, Ryan was watching Chicken Little in Portuguese because he just HAS to mess with the menu buttons.

07/20/10
Slick n slide (he commonly refers to things as "slick").

Recently:
Eene-mene-miney-mo
Catch a tiger, bite its' toe
If he hollers let him go
My Mother said to pick the very best one and you are not
i-i-i-i (while choosing which one he really wants)i-i-T!

08/06
Ganilla bars- Granola bars
08/17
Were sitting here eating breakfast and it gets kind of quiet so I tell ry I love him and he says, " just thinking about my new karate moves."
08/16
Ryan says to me, "Mom, so how was Mad Men last night?" LOL, he knew Colin and I were going to watch it after he went to bed, I love how he talks like an adult sometimes. 

Sometime in October:
The boys kept asking me, "What are you afraid of?"  I'd usually respond with something like, "snakes".  But, it got really old after several times per day being asked the same question. 

Ryan to Evan, "Can you please get your breath away from me?"
 I'm always telling the boys this one... "Here's the deal".  Doesn't it make you feel funny when you realize how much you say something only when your children finally start imitating you? 

"I know what a trapezoid is"
November:

Ryan's Kindergarten teacher thought this one was so funny that she stopped me in the pick-up lane to tell me he had said, "When it's cold I grow fur"

Ryan was helping Evan count.  Ryan would say a number and then Evan would repeat it.  They got to 19 and then Ryan said, "I'll teach you in the twenties when you're older."

"Wrist band" I guess I just thought that one was funny, his vocabulary just cracks me up! 

December:
Ryan and Evan were kind of rough housing and I said to Ryan, "Remember you're bigger," to which he didn't miss a beat he said,  "and I have better skills"

Comments

joyous said…
LOL!! I love that last one. Everything is so serious at this age. What a sweetie.
JULIE said…
Jen, you have the cutest boys. Seriously can't get over what handsome little boys they are!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival