Wednesday Thankful (no. 2)

Today I am grateful for my family.  I believe that the family is the central social unit and I'm so glad to live in the family that I do.  Families are those forever friends who never go away, nor do you want them to. I'm grateful for the knowledge that families are forever. 

I'm particularly close to my mother's family and I'm so glad to have each of them in my life. I have a really close relationship with my grandparents and a lot of my cousins.  They are the best!  We love to text message, facebook, and call each other all of the time. Whenever something important is going on in one another's lives, we hop in the car and drive 800 miles to be together.  Like this weekend, my brother is leaving for his mission and they're all coming up to see him speak in Church! 

This is a picture of my cousins (mom's side) and I on the day Karen and Chris got married.  Minus Kirsten.  We love you Kirsten!  And, we also love getting all of the cousins together in a photo every chance we get. 
When I was growing up, my dad's family didn't live close to us and although I'm not really close to them geographically or relationship wise either, I do care for them and love them.  I love to hear what they're up to and am sad when things aren't going well for them. 

Photo Courtesy of 2Gphotography
I'm also thankful for my husband's family.  My sisters in law are so fun to talk to and hang out with.  They love playing with my boys and it's fun to see them get along with their aunts.  Brooke and Stuart live pretty far away (about as far away as you can get) but we like to chat on Skype and can't wait to see them this spring.  My mother and father in law are wonderful people who have taught me a lot about myself, life, and my husband. 
This is the Dean family minus three babies: Evan, Ocean, and Maple.
 Hopefully we'll all be together soon and can get an updated picture. 
I am thankful for my family.  Each and every one of them! 

Comments

Christine said…
I have been following your thankful post, so today I am thankful for you. Because being reminded to be thankful is a good thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival