Swimming Lessons

This year we took swimming lessons at the South County Outdoor pool in Riverton.  We've had really good experiences with group lessons in the past.  Cheap, close, and great instructors.  This year, our experience wasn't quite as favorable.  However, I don't think the kids noticed AT ALL except for the two days that the lessons were canceled because the heater was broken, so I won't go on about it any more.  Evan is finally old enough to take swimming lessons so he was absolutely thrilled to be able to get in the water with his big brother and "swim" for a while.  I'd like to do another session since we only had four 45 minute lessons, but we'll see!  






 Ryan, Maycee, and Curen

Elementary back stroke: monkey, airplane, soldier
 This is Ryan's attempt at back stroke.  When I showed him this video, he said, "Mom, I thought I was really swimming".  But then I showed him the front-crawl video and he was satisfied with his swimming abilities.




 Evan going on a float with his teacher.

 Learning to do ice cream scoop arms.
Ryan swimming the front stroke.

Comments

Lydia said…
Good ole South County!! Looks like they had fun! Were you working that summer that the chemicals were off really bad that they closed the pool? I remember a mom being upset because the brand new swimsuit she bought for her son was a completely different color.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ryan!