Fall activities

Warning: Completely Random post: 
 So my Grandma bought a house down the street from my mom.  It was a foreclosure and the previous owners pretty much abandoned the home.  The left in the fall and their pumpkins rotted out in the flower beds.  When my grandparents bought the home, they tilled the land and apparently incorporated the pumpkin seeds into the soil because now it is like an EXPLOSION of pumpkins!  There are pumpkins everywhere!  So, that's where we got ours this year!  Cut them right off the vine.  It was pretty fun, and kind of messy.
 The boys got a little carried away and we chose 5 pumpkins to bring home.  I suppose we'll have to be carving them sometime this week.
I bought this ficus tree at a home decor store recently.  My plan is to decorate it differently for each holiday.  I put it up and was really enjoying the way it looked plain.  Then I found some cheap stuff in the dollar bin at Target and I was ready to put up my first decorations!
I got these mini jack-o-lantern treat buckets and one string of skull lights for about $4.00 total!  I think it looks pretty cute.  Not too much, but Evan loves to see the skeleton heads glowing.

The fall weather here in Utah is GORGEOUS! We just love it!  But, we know that it will not stay long.  In fact, next week the average high temperature will drop by 20 degrees so don't nobody get all surprised about it.  Anyway, while the weather has been just divine, my friends and I have tried to take our kids out in it every chance we get.  There have been many a park play date arranged.  The kids are loving it too!


This is the boys' good friend Jackson.

I got all over-excited about buying Halloween costumes this year and one week when I wasn't working, I took the boys out in search of the perfect costumes.  I was planning on doing a Star Wars theme.  I was thinking of having Ryan be C3PO and Evan be R2D2 but there wasn't anything like that in any of the stores.
I totally find all of the "object" costumes hilarious so I threw this rocket on Evan.
 In the end however, we went with Ninjas.  If I can manage to keep them in one piece for Halloween, that's what they'll be!
I've been doing lots of coupons and deal shopping lately.  It's been a blast!  So far this month I've used about $280 in coupons!  I've got a nice little stock-pile of stuff my family eats and uses.  Colin was really excited about this cereal!  We just had to buy it!
All of these leaves came from the same tree!  I am obsessed with the two trees in our back yard.  I love watching this one in the fall.  I'm working on a little photography project with this one though, so you'll have to stay tuned!

Happy Autumn everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival