First Lost Tooth

On Sunday Ryan lost his first tooth.  Saturday night he was eating an apple when he said that his tooth was hurting him.  I noticed there was a little bit of blood on the gum line.  I told him that his tooth was loose and he'd probably lose it soon.  Daddy told him it may be a few weeks.  I figured it would be sooner than that but I didn't imagine it would be the next day.  The three boys stayed home from church and Colin sent me a text at church saying they had a surprise for me.  I was thinking about what that might be for about an hour.  When I walked in the door he smiled at me but it took me a second to notice what was going on.  Then he held up his tooth for me to see.  I was so excited for him and at the same time I can't help but think that this means that he's really big now!    





 Ryan was asking me how much money I thought the tooth fairy would bring him.  I told him I wasn't sure.  He said, maybe she'll bring me a $20 bill!  I tried to tell him that it would probably be less than that.  He decided he'd better write her a note.  I have no idea where this idea came from.  I convinced him that he shouldn't ask for the $100 dollar bill that he was initially thinking to ask for.  I got him down to 5 and he was okay with that.  This was the note that he wrote.
 Then, he did the funniest thing ever.  He put the tooth and note in a little baggie and decided he needed a nap.  So, he got in bed and laid there. I didn't make a big deal out of it because I knew he wouldn't fall asleep and that sooner or later he'd give up on it.  He did.  He went back to playing, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner, and he showed everyone his tooth and note.  He was ever-so-proud!  It was really quite adorable.
That night the tooth fairy left this note and two $1 bills under his pillow.  He was up bright and early the next morning and very thrilled with what she'd left him.  He likes the part that says not every boy and girl gets a note.  H was happy he'd taken the time to write her first I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!