Valentine's Day 2012

I must say that celebrating the Holidays with children is just so much fun.  They make everything so much more festive and enjoyable.  I mentioned in a previous post that I'm doing a photograph a day challenge this year.  I haven't missed a day yet, but I have been late a couple of times.  Anyway, the first photograph was from the challenge "front door".  This is what our door looks like when it is "decorated" for Valentine's day.  
 I've also been decorating my ficus tree each season/holiday.  I was super proud that I bought all of the items for the Valentine's day ficus tree for $3.50!

 Ryan wrote on all of his Valentine's this year.  He picked out each one for all of the kids in his class.  It was cute to see him go through and do this for all of his friends.
 We got a neutral pack that had 4 different sayings.  28 Valentine's was enough to do BOTH Ryan's and Evan's class plus a few friends.
 I put out Valentine's gifts for the kids to open in the morning. They were being lazy that Tuesday morning and not wanting to get up.  I went into their room to wake them up and they were complaining about wanting to sleep in... UNTIL... I told them that I had a Valentine for them.  They popped right out of bed and were excited to open their Valentine's.  I got each boy a card, a sock monkey (which they oddly refer to as their sock puppets) and a giant peep like candy on a stick.
 Like these
 I found a cute project on Pintrest to do with the boys.  This is the "mail-a-hug" Valentine project that we sent to Nana in Maryland.  She was overjoyed!  Success!






 I volunteered to help at Ryan's Valentine party at school.  (yea!  I love that I get to do that kind of thing now).  Miss Turner had a great morning set up with the kids, lots of fun Valentines activities. She did rotations and they had different activities at each one.  At my station, they made beaded key-chains.  It was cute to interact with the kids on a one on one level.  They are so funny!  At one station they handed out their Valentine's cards to each of their classmates.  It's cute to see them running around filling up each other's bags.  Earlier in the week (or the week before) they made penguin Valentine's sacks.  


 Ryan totally has a crush on this little girl named Elizabeth.  I had to be sneaky when I took this picture but it looks to me as if she may have some feelings for him too.  HA HA HA!  Young love!

 After school the boys of course had to dig in to their Valentines.
 Such a fun holiday for the kids.
Oh, and Colin bought me this awesome North Face jacket.  I LOOOOVE IT!

Comments

Unknown said…
Ryan picked a cute girl to have a crush on!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival