Copper Mine Field Trip

Evan's preschool class had a field trip out to the Copper Mine.  I'm not sure what to call it.  Used to be called the Bingham mine.  Then it was the Kennecott mine.  I think now it's the Rio Tinto mine.  Anyhow.. we went there!  It's WAY out there on the west side of the valley but it was a very nice drive.  


 The boys with an old mining cart.
 We took lots of pictures posing in front of the large tire.  The trucks that haul out the rock have these tires on them.  The trucks are literally as big as a house.
 I let Ryan come to Evan's preschool field trip because I told the boys all summer that I would take them out to the mine and never got around to it.  Both boys got a flattened penny and one small gift.  Ryan chose a piece of calcite and Evan got a bag of rock candy.
 The boys in front of the mine.


 You're not allowed to stop on this road.  I really wanted to get a picture of the sides of the mine because it's quite the sight.  Anyway, I did my best while trying not to hold up the traffic too much.





 Evan's preschool class.  He didn't want to be in the picture, brat!
 The boys looking out over the mine.





I've lived in Utah nearly 20 years and had never been out to the mine (that I can remember, Jess says we went once) so I was glad I took the boys out to see it.  They have a museum inside that I didn't take any photos of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!