Build a Bear with Evan

First, I'd just like to say that I feel like I've really been neglecting my blogging lately.  I hope to change that soon.  No promises, but I'm going to try. 

Evan turned 5 this week!  He has really been wanting to go to Build-a-Bear so I told him that we would go on his Birthday.  His actual birthday was this Thursday.  I didn't have to work so he and I went to the store while Ryan was at school. 

Let me just start by saying that I have never actually been inside of a Build-a-Bear store and while I understood the concept, I didn't REALLY know what to expect. I'm kind of a little bit proud of the fact that I've never scummed to the Build-a-Bear allure until now! Anyway, Evan and I had a really good time and I was so glad that we had the time to go and celebrate on his day like this together.  It was a great Mommy & Evan date for the two of us and I think he felt really special.  

I was certain that Evan was going to chose some gosh-awful looking bear with tie dye or something, but he settled on a really cute monkey that is just adorable.    


 He picked the monkey up first but I wanted him to be sure about his decision so we looked at all of the other animals and he stuck with the monkey.
Then we chose a sound to go inside.  I don't know why I worry that my kids will chose crazy things, but (well, actually a lot of the time they do) but he chose a nice little magic noise for his monkey.  He put the sound in the right hand and then the guy (Evan remembers his name but he's asleep) stuffed him nice and soft for E.

 Testing the softness level.  I think he approves!
 Then he chose a heart- he got one of the checkered ones, and gave it a little brains.
 Some muscle.
 a sense of smell
 and a wish with a kiss
 then they tucked the heart inside and sewed him up.
 Evan then gave his little guy a bath.

  Brushed him off to make him extra soft.
 And chose an outfit for him.  (see what I mean about the crazy choices... oh well!)

 Then we filled out his Birth Certificate (reminded me of my cabbage patch dolls).  Evan named him "Monkey Tail".
 and we were all done!


 Five Years Old!
 Evan had the greatest time choosing his new stuffie.  Then we ate lunch at Chick-fil-A and went on home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival