culture shock... or sticker shock?

We had the rest of the weekend to explore Singapore a little bit and handle (or attempt to handle) a few other items of business.  It was fun walking around the city with the boys.  I love taking in a new environment.  It's like your senses are on high alert and you're more observant of the behaviors of others, as well as all of the sights and sounds to take in.  There are so many things about Singapore that are quite different from back home.  You can't help but compare them in your mind.  I think that's just human nature.  Especially when you're an adult who is used to one type of living for so long.  I think it is harder for adults to adapt to change.  The kids just roll with the punches.  

One thing we have definitely noticed is how EXPENSIVE everything is.  Singapore, being such a small island, with no agriculture presence is forced to import most all goods and products.  This makes everything so pricey.  I'm not used to paying $6 for a half gallon of milk!  Yikes.  I feel like that's just the beginning of it.  But I don't want to complain. It's just going to take some time to adjust to the cost of living here!   

McDonalds delivers here.  24/7  That's a new concept.  Possibly a dangerous one!  

To be fair, this is the most expensive box I found.  And with the conversion to USD, that makes this box of cereal $8.64

Totally new experiences.  I carry my groceries home from the mall.  Don't forget an umbrella.  It rains here a lot.  Basically every day.  I bought an umbrella to put in my purse and it's a good thing because as Ryan and I were walking home with our groceries, it rained on us.  


Trying some local food. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival