Thailand, Day 5: Big Buddha

Our fifth day in Phuket we went for a jungle tour.  We first rode Polaris' up to the Big Buddha statue then went to the jungle to complete a ropes and zip line course.  This was a fun day!  It was really the first time I'd driven any kind of vehicle in 7 months!  It was fun to be behind the wheel of an ATV again.  The first one I got in was pretty much a junker though so I had to switch it out half way through.  The Big Buddah statue is pretty cool.  The kids thought it was fun to see and Colin and I really enjoyed the views of the island.  

After we drove our ATVs back, we went to a ropes course.  Evan was too small to do the big course (and Ryan was just barely tall enough) so Colin and Evan went to the kid's zone and Ryan and I did the big stuff.  Let me just say, I had no idea how hilly Thailand is.  Singapore is pretty flat but Phuket had tons of hills.  The ropes course was pretty tough physically.  I guess I wasn't totally prepared for it, or maybe I just didnt' anticipate it being so taxing.  Half way through the ropes course I had to quit.  My blood sugar tanked and I felt like vomiting.  I felt really bad making Ryan quit early and I hate myself for letting Diabetes slow me down, but in the end it was still really fun.  I'm glad we went!  

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival