Singapore: food edition

As promised, I'm writing about the food here in Singapore- as part of our 1 year mark reflections.  Perhaps this is a post I should have asked Colin to write about. He's much more into the food scene than I am.  I'm really not much of a foodie.  But Singapore could be considered a foodie's dream. There's some great food choices here and many people think that's one of the best things about Singapore! I guess one of those reasons could be because of all of the different cultures that call this country home- even if only for a little while.  Singapore is really a hub of all of South East Asia.  There are people here with backgrounds that include Chinese, Malaysian, Indian, Thai, Filipino, Australian, and many more.  
Here are some of the dishes we've tried and enjoyed.  
Sweet & Sour Pork (from Noodle Man in Chinatown)
Since I'm Celiac and can't eat any noodles, this is what I get when I go there.  
I've always loved fruit, and mangoes are probably my all- time favorite.
Fruit is always in season and these are amazing. 
I still haven't been able to figure out how to pronounce the name of this burger.
It's a turkey burger in Teriyaki sauce with onions and a rice patty bun.
Another gluten free option and  I LOVE this meal.  

This is the noodle man making his noodles.  I hear they're pretty good!  

Beef noodle and chicken noodle soup


My all-time favorite Phad Thai! 
The ever famous Chicken Rice... not sure where Ryan's chicken is... and Iced Milo.
Milo is a chocolate drink kind of like Ovaltien. 

I think the family favorite so far is the Indian food.
We always order Butter Chicken and Chicken Tikka Masala but I pretty much love it all. 

OMG!  These Chinese Shaved Ice desserts are AMAZING

Indian flat bread- Naan and a few curries pictured here as well. 
Pineapple juice made with real sugar cane.  ugh  amazing 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!