King Dice Valentine's Box



My son has been really in to the video game Cup Head this year so, when his teacher said that he needed to make a box for his class Valentine's Day party, we decided to go with something fitting with the theme of Cup Head.  One of the main bosses in the game is called King Dice.  He's a dice with a face and that's square so it made for a fun Valentine box. 
One day while were were shopping for groceries in our local Walmart we noticed they had a whole cart full of boxes.  I asked one of the kind employees if we could take one and she gladly obliged.  We found a square one and it was just perfect.  Below is the process for how we made the King Dice Valentine's box.




Step 1: Procure a square box.

Step 2: Wrap in white paper.  I just turned our regular Birthday Party paper inside out and wrapped the box in that.  The design shows through slightly but I thought the result was better than me wasting my time finding plain paper and paying for it. 

Step 3: Punch out purple dots.  I just happened to have a 2" Recollections round punch and a pad of purple paper that matched King Dice pretty well.  My son struggles with fine motor skills so this was a great way for him to exercise those muscles and punch out the dots.  We went ahead and did all 21 dots even though the bottom will likely not be showing.  Also, that's a quick way to sneak in some math with your child- I had him add up the numbers on a traditional dice (which also matches what King Dice looks like). 

Step 4: Glue on the dots.  I had my son use a real dice to guide him and also googled some images of King dice to try to match up to what he looks like in the game.





Step 5: Draw King Dice Face.  We had a lot of fun with this, I did the sketching for him and he went over all the lines in black marker.  We then colored in the facial features with colored pencil and markers. 

Step 6: Cut out a hole for the smile- this also doubles as a hole for classmates to put their Valentine's into. 


DONE! 

Creator note: Next time I would have taped the inside of the box down first before taping it closed to wrap.  Once I cut that hole, the inside flap wanted to fall down and it kind of blocks the opening. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival