Final Thoughts

In just a couple of hours I go in for my ultrasound. I'm really excited to see the baby and find out its gender. As the votes stand, 51% boy, and 48% girl. Looks like some votes came in at the end to put the boy guess ahead. 29 votes! I'm glad that many of you care. I have to admit though, that if I had to bet I'd say that I think this baby is another boy. I guess I feel that way because everything has been so similar to my last pregnancy. However, there have been some subtle differences, so I am still hoping that I might be having a girl.

I felt the baby move about two weeks ago, and this past week it has been moving a lot. I get excited when that happens because I know that everything is going well with the baby. Another active one, that's for sure. This baby moves all of the time.
Anyway, I'll be posting ultrasound pictures and notes from the visit a little later today or tomorrow.

On another note, big brother had a major break-through yesterday. Ryan has never been very good to sit through sacrament meeting at church. Last week after a very embarrassing event (I'll let Colin tell that story), we decided that it was time to make a change. We sat down and had a talk about what would be the best strategy for sacrament meeting.

This was our plan. We decided that he had to stay inside the chapel the entire seventy minutes. We would bring plenty of toys and snacks that would keep him busy and quiet. If he had to be taken out, he would have to sit on our laps until he was ready to go back in, then he would return. (This is I think where we have gone wrong the past two plus years, Ryan has been allowed to leave the chapel and then let down to run around and play)

With daylight savings time, we were hoping to easily get in a nap before church making him extra-ready for the big meeting. However, he had another plan in mind and did not take a nap at all. He did stay in his room for about 40 minutes though and got some rest. By the time it was finally 1:00 (which felt more like 2:00 given the change) he was ready for a nap and just about melting down. We almost through in the towel before leaving the house.

He really did an excellent job during sacrament meeting. We tried to bring some interesting quiet toys he hadn't seen in a while so that he was entertained and not so noisy. He did very well. I took him out once when he was getting kind of fussy and I needed to use the bathroom. We went right back and stayed until 2:10. Fast and Testimony meeting wasn't quite wrapped up, but I took him down to the nursery room and let him play.

Whew!

We made it through all 70 minutes!

Colin was a big help in getting out and putting away snacks, books, toys, and baby wipes.
I was so proud of our little guy! We'll see what happens next week!

Comments

joyous said…
I think your strategy sounds great. It can be really frustrating and embarrassing, but keep going. Once they're in nursery, the other rule we start enforcing is no toys/snacks until after the sacrament. Some weeks it goes better than others. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival