It's A Boy!

My ultrasound at LDS Hospital's Maternal Fetal Medicine office went very well. The ultrasound technician was really great and she did an ultrasound for about 20 minutes. She looked at the baby's head and brain, she measured his leg bones and took the circumference of his head. She watched his heart and listened to the heart rate. The baby looks wonderful! He is so healthy and doing very well. Everything was perfect. There is a lot of amniotic fluid and the placenta is in the right place. His umbilical cord looks good and she even checked for things like clefpallate and everything was so normal. That really makes me excited to know that the baby is very healthy. The baby was moving a little during the ultrasound. He kept putting his arm and hand into the view. I told the nurse that he was waving at us. It was really quite funny- personality already.
After the technician left, the doctor came in. I met with Dr. Rose this time and she was really great. She told me that I am doing very well with my diabetes and is impressed by my control. The only thing that I have to worry about is that my blood-pressure was a little bit high. She said it's not high enough to put me on medication yet but she wants it to be monitored. She said I don't have to come back until about 28 weeks for some growth measurements, and then we'll start the non-stress testing. I remember what all of that entails, so I'm not worried about any of that.
When the appointment was over, I drove over to Colin's work and gave him a card announcing the gender. Inside the card were some of the ultrasound pictures. I also bought him a onesie that says "Daddy's Little Star" on it. He was really excited for another boy!
I think we've pretty much decided upon a name for this baby. If you know Colin and I, you shouldn't be surprised about that, it's just the way we are. Anyway, we'll probably go with Evan Miles Dean. I really like that name, Ryan can say Evan really well too.
So... we're excited to be having another boy in another four months or so!
little boy parts
a leg
all five fingers
another leg
and a profile shot

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful.
joyous said…
Congrats!! My sister is having a boy too. :) Jim is afraid all the boys will be gone by the time we have another baby.

Good work on your diabetes too!! You are an inspiration. :)
CollyWolly said…
Thanks Joy. You were an inspiration to me after I saw the numbers on you meter when you were pregnant with Elizabeth. I don't know how you had all normal sugars in there. Something I've always remembered.
Unknown said…
Jen! I'm excited to see that you have a blog...such a great way to stay connected with people! Congrats on the boy...that will be fun for Ryan to have a little brother!
Rachel said…
Congrats! How fun for Ryan to have a baby brother!
The McNews said…
Yea!!! I'm so excited for you and your little family! I have to admit, a little brother has been such a blessing here. I can't wait to here the stories you will most assuredly have! I love the name too!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival