Potty Training; "official" attempt #1

So, I am really tired of changing Ryan's poopy diapers, and all diapers for that matter. I guess now that I have two in diapers, I'm just ready for one of them to be done! So, I think Ryan is smart enough, and maybe ready, so I gave it a shot. His little girlfriend Macee is also potty trained. I came up with a plan, based on my cousin Effie's posts, and went for it.



Here was the plan:

I bought a package of gumballs from Wal Mart and took them home as "potty treats", or "potty gum". I told Ryan that he could have one if he went in the potty.

I bought two packages of undies, one is Disney's Cars, of course, and the other is motor cycles or something like that.

So, I told Ryan the plan and set out to achieve our first day of potty training.


Well, the first day was less than successful. He never went in the toilet and twice I was about to take him when he went in his undies, but no poopies!


The second day was even worse, no success in the toilet and a poopy in the undies.


Well, I think we'll wait a little longer to give it another attempt.

Ideas? Hints? Suggestions?


Daddy says, we should wait till he turns three. We are definitely waiting a little while longer. This week, we're going to tackle the bedtime battle that's been going on since Christmas.

Comments

We tried all manner of rewards with Elliott who is still working on training #2 at 3.5 but the thing that worked best for Elliott was punishments. I don't mean belittling or being mad but a negative consequence for making a mess. Elliott gets a cold shower. That was motivation for him. Also, I do give him a treat because I feel terrible and I don't want him to hate me. I know all the literature focuses on the positive but sometimes even adults need a good kink in the pants before we get something.
Unknown said…
I really wish I had a solution for you! I'm TERRIFIED of trying to potty train Parker. I've heard that it's really easy when they're really ready, so it's not something to force. I agree, though...changing two sets of diapers every day is a PAIN IN THE BUTT! Literally! :)
Mamadean said…
Sweetie - I trained his father and I suggest you wait until Ryan is 3. Too much pressure and stress makes him frustrated and all concerned miserable. Be loving and explain, explain, explain. This too shall pass. Love - Karen
The McNews said…
Ug! We're having bedtime issues- AGAIN! What's up with these boys? Cam wet his pants today, but managed to poop in his pull-up before I changed it this morning. If he hadn't shown initiative first of tee teeing I wouldn't be doing all this. Honestly, it's a headache. He pooped accidentally in the toilet the other day and it scared him. I'm not holding my breath that he'll be poop trained until he's older. So heres to poopy pants.
I wish I could help but I"m in the same boat as you. I'm just afraid to put panties on...if anything works let me know!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival