Midnight Release

Breaking Dawn!
(don't worry... no spoilers included)

Friday morning, August 1st, Jess and I got in line for our wrist bands for the midnight release of Stephenie Meyer’s last installment of the Twilight Series, Breaking Dawn. I knew that people were going to line up early, but rumors spread that there had been people in line since the night before! When we got there an hour before the doors opened, the line was quite long! I towed the boys along with me and they did pretty well in the THREE HOUR line. Jess was great at entertaining Ryan and Evan was a great baby as usual. The wristbands handed out were done in increments of 25. I was just one number off from Jess so she and I were in different groups. This meant that I was number 276. Needless to say, Stephenie Meyer has a lot of fans in Salt Lake. The festivities started sometime around 8:00pm but we decided to leave around 10:30. When we arrived the lines from the morning were nothing compared to the mob of people (mostly young ladies) that was gathered outside of the bookstore. This particular Barnes and Noble had sent out faux wedding invitations and had created a wedding reception themed event. There were many girls dressed in formal attire, prom dresses most of them, and there were even some guys all dolled up too. Truly a sight to behold. At around 11:00pm the line started to form although it remained mostly a mass of people and the chaos was really starting to get to me. Fortunately, all turned out well and we had purchased our books by about 12:40. I have finished the book and I liked it a lot. I'm not really one to criticise literature much though. I could have bought the book on our regular Saturday morning trip to Wal Mart for a few bucks cheaper and without the lines, it was fun to be a part of the hype. So, without spoilers, what did you think? I’ve liked it so far.


the line in the morning
Ryan and Jess... don't they look bored?
Me, Ryan, sleeping Evan, and Jess' friend Stacy


showing off our wristbands
the crowd of people anxiously awaiting midnight
the bookstore



Jess and I in line to buy our books
a cute volunteer helping out the B & N people

she did a little comprehension game and handed out candy
Jess and I separated by one number she got to go in the group ahead of me
Jess buying her copy of the book
We are so excited to finally have our own copies of the book.

Comments

Steph said…
It looks like you had a lot of fun getting your book at midnight! I love the picture of you and Jess with your books. You are both so cute! I liked the book too, but I am sad the series is over. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!