Moving Day

Moving day started out pretty early. Colin woke up at 7 am and got showered and ready to go. He headed out for McDonald's breakfast because we have no food in our house. By 8 am he was out the door for the moving van and his buddies showed up at 9. Our first load arrived at the new house by 10:30. We worked pretty hard all day long and had to do two loads in a 26 foot truck! The second load wasn't full by any means but we weren't able to fit it all in one load. We picked up the new dining room set and Colin even put it together the first night! There are boxes everywhere and we're exhausted but we're still really excited to have so much space. The house feels even bigger than I thought it was now that we're here. Big thanks to Jeff, Dom, Matt and Katie for all of their help this weekend. No way we could have done it without you! The boys messing around in the new kitchen.
Evan crawling around.

Me and the boys in the back yard!

The moving van in front of the new house.
Inside of the big 26 foot-er.
Jeff & Colin bringing in our sofas.
The new kitchen on moving day.
This is the new house. We are really excited to be in a great neighborhood with a fenced back yard, extra bedroom, and more than double the space of our apartment. So, if you're in the area, we'd love to have visitors! I can even host play groups at MY house now! I'm really excited about that. The house is close to where I work, so close that I will have 3 of my students on our street! I'm a little nervous about that but they are great kids and I've heard nothing but positives about the ward and neighborhood. I've never lived on the "East side" of the valley before, so that will be fun Email me if you need the new address. The house was occupied when we signed our lease so there are no pictures of the interior yet. Once I get all settled in and the new furniture arrives, I'll post some pictures so you can check it out.

Comments

Natalie said…
Congrats on the new house!! That's exciting!
Lex-a-roo said…
Wow.that looks like too much of an adventure for me. But I gotta tell you I loved the picture of your boys crawling in the cupboard.
joyous said…
Woot!!! That is super exciting and it looks beautiful. What fun to have so much space now, I'm sure you'll love it. :)
Regan said…
That is so fun to be in a house. I didn't even know you guys were moving. Did you buy the house or are you renting it? It looks like you will have a lot more room and I'm sure the boys will love that!
The McNews said…
That's so awesome! I'm so glad we moved in with my aunt into her house! Nothing like a backyard for boys to be boys in! I'm so excited for you! They are getting so big too, btw! I can't believe Ryan looks so big boy now! I remember the days he looked like Evan!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you got all moved and I hope you are getting settled. I've been thinking about you. The yard looks huge and the house too! Lots of fun! Let me know if you need anything!
The V-Rod's said…
Wow! I love your new house! I love how Utah houses are built.

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival