Day at the Beach

The day before we left California, we decided to go to the beach. For some strange reason, the weather was unusually HOT, I mean it had been above 90 degrees for three days in a row. I left Utah the week after straight 35 degree weather. I packed no shorts or Capri's for myself. I packed long-sleeved T-shirts and pants for the boys, I packed VERY warm "Utah Jammies" for them as well. I brought sweaters and sweatshirts. I did bring some shorts for the boys, thank goodness. Anyway, I was ill-prepared for 98 degrees. Anyhow, I called my cousin's wife Tessa and asked if she wanted to hang out. She has a boy named Brady who just three months older than Ryan. They had not really gotten a chance to play together so I was thinking we should do something before we left. She suggested going to the beach. As I said, I wasn't prepared for the hot weather, let alone the beach. But, one quick trip to the Wal Mart and I was all set. We had a great day at LaJolla shores. It was 77 degrees, nice, sunny and beautiful. The water was quite cool but the boys didn't really get in too far anyway. They dug in the sand, threw the sand at the water, waded out into the ocean and played around for a few hours. We brought lunches and headed home when we were all done. Best part about the beach, it's free!
Thanks Tessa for taking us down to the beach, we had a great time! My favorite shot of the day.
Brady and Ryan digging in the sand.


Evan playing with his favorite toy, and word- BALL.

Ryan playing in the sand. He loved those new sunglasses I bought him. He'd been wanting a pair for quite some time and I finally found some that were decent. He's pretty much worn them or carried them around in his pocket since.
Brady & Ryan throwing sand.
B-man and Ry at LaJolla shores.

Ryan playing at the beach. If I could photoshop, I'd take that guy out of the photo, but I don't know how. Does anyone want to offer lessons?
Brady at the beach.
Me & Evan at the beach.
Evan trying to get at my camera. Notice the sandy face and hands.
Lets get a close-up of that sandy face.

Comments

Alicia said…
So fun! Now you've made me miss it there! That's the beach we always went to when we lived in San Diego. Good times. I glanced through the pictures without reading too much of the top and thought, "Wait, That's La Jolla!" then scrolled back up to make sure I was right. Oh the memories. I'm glad you went and I got to see the pictures! :)
Christie said…
I so love the beach! Too bad we rarely get to go, living in Utah, lol
It was crazy hot weather while we were there, Im glad I was optimistic and packed for summer weather! I figured it HAD to be warmer there than here.
joyous said…
Wohoo!! I'm so glad you got to enjoy some beautiful CA weather before you went home. Spring break was awesome for us!

I always had the same problem when I lived in Utah and came home to CA to visit. Even in December, I would pack my "cooler" winter clothes and be roasting at home. LOL
Lex-a-roo said…
Looks like fun! Which beach did you guys go to?
Steph said…
Looks like so much fun to be at the beach:) I love all the pics, especially of Evan's sandy face! That is just too cute!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival