Last time EVER

Today marks my last day EVER that I will be off-track :(

I've really been quite okay with the fact that my school will be switching to a traditional schedule next year, but now that I'm off-track I realize that I'm really going to miss my breaks.

This has been a good break but it has been WAY TOO SHORT. We only got two weeks off-track and because I have to work the last day I'm off-track I technically only had a 9 day break. 13 days if you count weekends. That. Is. All. Definitely not long enough.

I go back for the longest haul of the year. 9 weeks in a row usually isn't bad but when you teach from May 4 to July 2, it's kind of a big deal. The kids will do well until testing is over, if I am lucky, and then it's a cat-and-mouse game trying to convince the students to behave and perform well when they come to school. Luckily, we'll be doing some really fun projects and going on some fun field trips so hopefully we'll all survive the 9 weeks.

I had some friends over for a play date today and it was a nice way to spend the last day on-track. Much better than say, grading papers or something. Definitely NOT the last play date I'll be having. Thanks for coming mommies, and grandpa too.

So, here's to looking forward to summer break. Clegg Reunion at Cherry Hill, 7 peaks with the boys, swimming lessons, visits from Nana and whatever else we decide to do. Yea for summer!


Ryan checking out his cousin Emry. Emry being held by Mommy Jess.



Emry snoozing on the couch.
Jess holding baby girl Emry.


Hanging out on the deck. Grandpa, Evan, Ryan, Maya.
Baby Joel. Two weeks old, Teresa's second baby.
Maya eating a snack out on the deck. Teresa hanging out.
Aunt Katie feeding baby Jack, 6 weeks old.
Autumn and Nelson hanging out.
Ryan, Josh and Aundrea having a snack.

Comments

Jessica said…
That was a fun day! Thanks for hosting Jen!
Regan said…
I didn't know that your school was going to a traditional school year. It looks like your play date was lots of fun. And I can't believe how dark Ryan's hair is getting. On the picture at the top of your blog it looks a lot darker than I remember it being. It looks really cute. And it has probably been that way for a while but I really noticed it in that picture.
Becky J. said…
What?! Sprucewood's going traditional? Why? Is that just becoming the way it is for the school district? That's crazy. I bet that seems hard to never have an off-track break again. But Chris Heywood loves her traditional schedule, and she used to always be a die-hard year-rounder, so if she can adjust I guess anyone can. Good luck finishing the school year!
Grandpa said…
Thanks for letting me crash the party, it was fun.
Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!