Memorial Day Services

Camera update: I finally broke down and bought a new charger for my camera so that I could upload some photos. Those were some rough 10 days without being able to upload my pictures. It's amazing how much I have forgotten of the details from Memorial Day though, now that I sit down to blog about it. I'll do my best. Expect a blogging blitz now that I have access to pictures almost two weeks old.



Bringing in the colors to post. Wish I could remember who these guys were... but apparently they do it for all sorts of occasions.

The crowd at the cemetery in my parent's town.

Here is my dad, Grandpa, trying to explain to Ryan and Evan what a cemetery is. I didn't really set Ryan up for this excursion very well. I sort of tried to explain last minute and he wasn't really getting it. I guess he doesn't remember from the last couple of funerals that we attended. I guess I'll have to really explain better now that he gets it.

How cute is that? Ryan was holding his hand over his heart while they were bringing in the flags and during the National Anthem.

Me and a Camera shy Ryan.
Checking out another headstone.
Grandma and Evan.

It was a nice little ceremony/ program that this city put on for the citizens. I quite enjoyed it and felt we'd done our actual "Memorial Day" observance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spode Dish Factory

Baby Evan Makes his Arrival

Evan's 10th Birthday!